Got rear ended. Need a list for the shop

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
I got side swiped by a Verizon van a yeah ago . Guy was found 100 percent at fault , now a year later I just got served frontiers trying to sue me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I'm not dead set on it, just doubt it'll be totalled. Sucks I'm just about at my 1 year anniversary with her. I intend to get new springs and axle at the least, and a frame check.

Most of my coating is spotty right now anyways so might not be able to use that as a method but good idea. I'm gonna spend some time under her tomorrow before the adjusters have a look Thursday. Squeak is getting more prominent on rear wheel rotation and I'm binding in the slow 90 degree turns

I'd be a dick and make them pay to have the transfer disassembled and inspected. Does it look like anything is cracked?

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Just spoke with cops, they found the ****er or at least his boss. Registered commercial so insurance coverage is hopefully a given.

today is my first good daytime look at her while parked on flat ground, bed isn't square, pushed towards cab on drivers side and doesn't line up with cab. I'll keep y'all posted on how things pan out. If they do total it I'll let you know cuz short of these issues it would be worth a buy back with everything I put into it

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Not sure on cracks. I haven't had the time to give a proper look yet.

I'm glad y'all do t think I'm crazy for worrying about the t case in addition to the rest of the list items. I'm going to have them disassemble from t-case back. If they won't due to labor, great reason for a replacement. I'm no pushover, so if it's fixable it will be back to 100% on someone else's dime. Might be a good time for a rear end build

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
You can fight with them to pay you for the mods since you weren't at fault, or do like I did and take it off. I left my motor and trans and gauges in, wish I would have gotten the gauges now.
That's why I've pinched pennies on mine and just bought what I needed, nothing makes you more sick than totaling something you have 3x the money in than what it's worth.

You can buy extra coverage for mods done to the truck but it obviously raises your premium. I have my trans and front end covered just in case.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
New symptom noted. Brake pedal going much further to floor. When pushed past the normal area of resistance there is a groan. Not sure if HB or ps, kinda rattles the dash a litttle. Fluid levels all normal and I can't watch and duplicate at the same time haha

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
I can't keep one in my truck, my third is on it's way out, got a new psc pump in the garage but I've been two days just changing wheel bearings and pitman/idler again, bouncing back and forth between that and the house and baby room.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Still waiting on your psc review haha.

Who would you guys recommend I order an axle from? I won't have the time to do it myself and no one local to me who I'd trust to do a better job than me. Looking for a new or remanned that I can spray and install without much fuss. Want a truetrac. Stock for the rest should be sufficient unless there are other recommendations. Same question for driveshaft, u joints and slip yoke. Or just OEM for all and find a time later to swap in a truetrac

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Still waiting on the truck to be completed. As of now the tailgate is being refinished and squared, bed is getting realiagned, replaced OEM bumper with ICI magnum rear bumper.

Frame was tweaked 6mm, spec is within 3mm. They say it'll straighten up no problem.

Insurance is declining my mechanical part of the claim. Cuz surely frame damage wouldn't indicate enough force to fubar something mechanically. Idiots. Looks like a few arguments will be on the horizon, but at least she'll look sexy til I can take on the insurance company

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
OP, just reading about the accident in the Traction thread. You have had pretty bad luck the past couple of months with trucks.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
yyyip lol. at least it wasn't my truck today and just a rental. I'm starting to hate other drivers, actual hate. The stupidity today is out of hand. "Hey a cloud of drifting snow! I should totally pull out into it right now" If I'd been in my own truck I'd be really pissed, lady was real apologetic though and took the blame so that's good at least.

Within one month btw hahaha.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Distracted driving is a huge problem. Its like everyone is a drunk driver nowadays, and avoiding them is a 24hr job.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Distracted driving is a huge problem. Its like everyone is a drunk driver nowadays, and avoiding them is a 24hr job.

Seriously. I think drunk drivers are actually safer because at least they try to drive.

I drove by a dot officer the other day driving with his elbows texting with both hands. I swear I almost laid an egg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I called our county sheriff office when I saw a deputy texting while driving. Their office told me that they could. I asked them, "Since when were the police above the law?" They didnt especially like that.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
I called our county sheriff office when I saw a deputy texting while driving. Their office told me that they could. I asked them, "Since when were the police above the law?" They didnt especially like that.

I got pulled over by a PA trooper a few months back, he passed me doing 90, I said **** it I'm in a hurry too, I followed him for a few miles then he pulled me over and asked why I was going so fast. I told him he wasn't the only one in a hurry and I didn't see his blue lights on like he had anywhere to be, just figured you were the pace car for those of us that had shit to do.

Somehow I got off with a warning and he said they're not required to use their lights unless in dense traffic or in a high population area.