Got my first ticket

vern650

Mar 27, 2014
hyrum, ut
I never got 1 ticket from age 16-18 in my first truck, a Chevy orange '73 k10 with just the usual high school "go fast" parts aka edelbrock intake and carb and flowmaster exhaust. Got pulled over a ton but never got a ticket until I bought the '71. Dont know if it was the lopey sound of the cammed up 350 in her or that the '67-'72s just look so much more bad ass, but seemed like the cops couldn't get the ticket book out fast enough with that truck.

SFCJones

Anti ACLU Member
Nov 29, 2008
South Georgia
While at Ft. Campbell in the late 70's I got more than my fair share of speeding tickets in my 72 GTO. I decided to sell her because of all of the money being paid out on tickets. Sure wished I had that car back....

clappedoutLB7

Nov 14, 2017
Please let me know what was "illegal" about the officers actions..? If the VIN is correct the 1500 is a moot point, as for her being a dumbass go look in the mirror to verify who the received the ticket, you, dumbass....

You musta been a cop. You dont take kindly to talking shit on the blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
A guy with 2 post digs up a 2 year old thread that he has nothing to do with just to bash a good member who has passed away. You sir have failed at the internet. If you don't have anything positive to add to this Fourm don't come back. You won't be welcomed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
A guy with 2 post digs up a 2 year old thread that he has nothing to do with just to bash a good member who has passed away. You sir have failed at the internet. If you don't have anything positive to add to this Fourm don't come back. You won't be welcomed.

X2

clappedoutLB7

Nov 14, 2017

Holy shit guys, i was respecting the guy for telling it how it is, not bashing him. I had no idea he passed away and was just exploring the forums looking at builds and reading stories. Did not notice the date, otherwise wouldnt have said anything. I apologize, sorry it was taken the wrong way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
VA is IMHO the end all beat all State as far as SCUMBAG LEO's and BS laws.

I usually never exceed the speed limit by more than 4-6 mph, if I am purposely exceeding it its going to be a 30-50 mph over most likely.

Last time I got rung up in VA it was 90 in a 70, Reckless Driving by Speed, 6 pts.

$2k for a lawyer and it was simple speeding, 3 pts, no big deal.

That was the only ticket I had gotten in 28 years..........and I was always doing something that would be a jail-able offense........:spit:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I'm just waiting to get arrested next time I cross the border. Got unpaid tix in 3 different states. Had to laugh at the $24 One I got in ND. Would have been $150+ here.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Never understood why people don't pay tickets. Nothing like getting busted for something so silly. Then again I've been locked up and know I never want to go back.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Never understood why people don't pay tickets. Nothing like getting busted for something so silly. Then again I've been locked up and know I never want to go back.

If they send me a bill I'll pay. Always have said that. If they can't be bothered then neither can I.
Tried to pay the one as I passed through that state often. Wouldn't take a personal cheque or a CC by phone so to hell with them.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
If they send me a bill I'll pay. Always have said that. If they can't be bothered then neither can I.
Tried to pay the one as I passed through that state often. Wouldn't take a personal cheque or a CC by phone so to hell with them.
Well that makes sense never though about what a pain it is to pay tickets even when you get one in your home town.

anthonynick29

Dec 21, 2017
not sure it was illegal at all but if you want to play around with speed you need to take it into the country to ensure you won't be pulled over. most cops won't care as long as no one else is around.

turbovan

Too many toys!!!
Mar 4, 2018
Abbotsford, BC, Canada.
You guys live in some draconian states. Jailtime for exhibition of speed? Geezus.

O/P, the points will affect your rates, esp at your age. Check to see if your state allows you to take a "safe driving course" (for a fee, of course) to erase the points. You'll have to admit responsibility and pay the fine, but your insurance company wont hit you hard over the next three years.

....and next time, use better judgement.

You don't to drive here or Ontario then, we are way worse. In Ontario, they can seize and crush your ride for "street racing". Here, they just fine the crap out of us and add points, which is big bucks. :mad: