Got killed...

lucas6.6

Aug 20, 2014
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Raced a buddy of mine today with a sct tuned 6.4. Ran twice, had me by two truck lengths both times at the 1/4 mile. It was a lot of fun, I didn't go into it expecting to win, I just like racing lol. Now I'm just trying to figure out which kidney to get rid of so I can get a trans and other goodies. :rofl:

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
Those things run strong. But yours will run longer. I wouldn't trade a bag of flaming dog crap for one.

Haha, ain't that the truth. Yeah wait til your buddy has to work on that thing, he'll be crying the blues. Plus ain't the 6.4 known for breaking rods like some of the 7.3's? At least ours will bend and still run ha.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Haha, ain't that the truth. Yeah wait til your buddy has to work on that thing, he'll be crying the blues. Plus ain't the 6.4 known for breaking rods like some of the 7.3's? At least ours will bend and still run ha.

There known for installing windows in the block :rofl::roflmao:

Sucky for sure, but as long as you have fun!

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
How about a high pressure fuel pump locking up at interstate speeds and snapping timing gears clean in half and blowing out the rear cover. Also saw one make a new hole in the block for no reason at low speed. Saw another one seize up tight in the bottom end at idle. Again for no reason. The latest failed engine ate a glow plug, again no apparent reason. None of the above mentioned were abused.

Of all the 6.4s we've seen and had at work I can't think of one that has made it to 200k miles without the cab coming off. Either for major engine work or fixing exhaust leaks or turbos. I get to pull one apart Monday that has an intercooler full of oil. Don't know how the thing didn't run away on the guy.

pizza pig

I Like to Party
Feb 13, 2012
CT
Those things run strong. But yours will run longer. I wouldn't trade a bag of flaming dog crap for one.

hahaha, '15 6.7s are a different story. But the 6.4s are animals if you have the brains, patience, wallet, savings/trust fund account to mod and maintain one. :rofl:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
My buddy has an 09 crew cab dually with a tool box. He ran a 250 hp tune and got a damn 13.8 wtf, that was tonight well last night. Those things ****ing move out

lucas6.6

Aug 20, 2014
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
You know, it may be a Ford, and I'll always choose chevrolet, but the kid is a friend of mine, and we both had fun. I hope he doesn't have any major issues with the truck because I know he's wanted one for a long time, and he's finally got one and it is pretty quick, so I'll respect that. However, the work done to the truck to make it as fast as it is was not done by him so I can't give him credit for making the truck what it is. If anyone can give me tips on how to post a video off of an android phone I'll post it for you all to see. And I agree, with a trans I think I'd take him fairly easy. However, money doesn't grow on trees where I'm from, so I'm back to the decision of which kidney I want to get rid of. :D

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Instead of bashing 6.4s, just accept the fact that the op got schooled. Now its time to help so it does not happen again.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
My cousin had a 6.4. Truck ran a 12.42 on stock fuel/stock trans. It was deleted, had batmos in both turbos, and had an H&S 300 tune. That truck would flat out haul the mail. Cut many 1.60-1.62 60' on all terrains.

Until he blew the trans of course. Got that built, then grenaded both turbos, then blew the head gaskets after that was done. Went through 4 radiators and 2 TCM's. Finally sold it off and bought a gas truck.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
what hp tune you running? 100-120 over stock? can't imagine you are tuned for max effort, which should put you into mid-high 12's. obviously you need a trans to run that tuning.