good lbz tow tune

dylon333

Dec 24, 2017
anybody have a good lbz tow tune or dd tune for an lbz with a bigger turbo? im struggling to get this thing dialed in with the 63 mm turbo. Rolling back into the throttle its very smokey and egts get hot fast. any help or advice on what im missing? I want to change shift pattern so it drops a gear faster but everyome says to stay away from trans tuning.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
You can definitely tune your transmission. Just go slow and let it learn. Only change shift RPM and TCC lock/unlock. Unless you really know what you are doing stay out of the shift timing, defuel, etc.

Many have changed their shift rpm without issues, including me, but don't go too wild and pay attention to the upshift and downshift overlap. You don't want it to downshift before upshift on acceleration. Same for TCC lockup.

You can also double check your vane position and command boost

Reactions: Max DRW

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You got some issues with you current tune. A 63 shouldnt be very smoky or have high egts. Your trying to bring the fuel on to fast. You need to probably play with the maf limiting if you can’t get the smoke down via other tables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dylon333

Dec 24, 2017
Well i started completely over with a stock tune. Made a few changes going to see what it does now. I’m thinking maybe I changed some thing some where at some point and am fighting that. But thanks guys I’ll report back after a few days see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
You're welcome to try this; it was on my buddies LBZ. He seemed to like it. This is for a stock trans.

Attachments

• C.Brandt_DSP5 V2 - Copy.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 166