Good Engine Machine Shop

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
My buddy is looking to get his LBZ built here soon and is wondering what machine shops are good and available to him.
He lives in SE BC so is looking for something in either Western Montana, Idaho or Washington.
Not sure what machine shops we have that are good up here. I know Curtis is in Calgary but he's not cheap and buddy doesn't like him lol so he's looking to take it stateside.
Any contacts y'all can give me to pass on to him?

Last edited:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Custom auto is in Idaho falls. Bit of a drive from Canada...they did mine and it came out perfect and very reasonably priced. They have their own in house machine shop. Dropped my engine off on a tuesday, picked it up the following wednesday.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Yeah ATP was the only shop I could think of. It's a bit closer to him than G&J is in Montana which he was considering except they are super backed up in the machine shop there. I'm still waiting for mine. Starting to get frustrated....

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Idaho performance Automotive machine in Idaho falls was great to deal with for me.
They are on 555 S. capitol street.
I sent them a stroke kit to install in a customers 6.7 and they did a great job! Very knowledgeable.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
People lack creativity when naming businesses down there or are they affiliated somewhat?

No affiliation that I know of. ATP used to have them build their race engines but I think they have a working partnership with socal now.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Thanks guys! Passed the info on to my buddy.
I think he is going to take it to CA. I might go there as well if my guy doesn't hurry up!!!
I guess they like to do the main cap dowel thing on all their builds now. Never heard of this before Mike Diesel did his. I never pulled the caps off of my engine to see what they looked like-going to do that when I get home and may do the same thing.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Thanks guys! Passed the info on to my buddy.
I think he is going to take it to CA. I might go there as well if my guy doesn't hurry up!!!
I guess they like to do the main cap dowel thing on all their builds now. Never heard of this before Mike Diesel did his. I never pulled the caps off of my engine to see what they looked like-going to do that when I get home and may do the same thing.

:thumb: