GMC Raised Bumper

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
The body lines don't line up when the bumper is raised. I would leave the filler piece.

I am a sucker for that plastic piece. Just doesn't look complete and "HD" without it there.

Sent from my iPhone.

X2 steve I think it looks too squished

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I'm still unsure I might leave it just bcuz I dnt want to wait for the truck any longer lol. Boyfriend said 2more weeks :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Are you waiting on parts or time to get it together?

Why dont you just finish it katie?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Now it's time..we're never home and he's always working on other peoples crap hahaha

And I do as much as I can I'm no diesel mechanic but I have done most of the work being supervised that is lol. I need a baby sitter apparently.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Katie your truck looks great IMO. Some can pull off the black and some can't. Yours looks mean with the stance it has. I've had mine with pretty much every way you could have it. ....just like the painted better. Also I always do the HD hood off of the 2001-2002 Chevy HD and cut and bodywork the corners for the GMC headlights, that always adds to the HD look.

Another reason I like raising the bumper is with wide wheels and -OS it gives you more room to turn so you don't have to trim the bumper so much. I also like the smaller gap between the actual grill and bumper cap afterwards because the factory gaps on the GMT-800 trucks aren't the best sometimes.

JMO though.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Katie your truck looks great IMO. Some can pull off the black and some can't. Yours looks mean with the stance it has. I've had mine with pretty much every way you could have it. ....just like the painted better. Also I always do the HD hood off of the 2001-2002 Chevy HD and cut and bodywork the corners for the GMC headlights, that always adds to the HD look.

Another reason I like raising the bumper is with wide wheels and -OS it gives you more room to turn so you don't have to trim the bumper so much. I also like the smaller gap between the actual grill and bumper cap afterwards because the factory gaps on the GMT-800 trucks aren't the best sometimes.

JMO though.

Thank you, I've always loved your truck as well. I might just leave it the way it is idk I'm a woman we never know what we want....my truck has been totaled and I'm afraid that when if we raise the bumper it's not gone line up right...
I want to do a chevy hood tho I've been waiting for the right time to buy one, performance mods are killing me. Luckily paint and body work are free...haha
As far as turning radius -24 rubs like a bitch but not on the bumper it's hitting thet fender and only on the drivers side •__•
I really appreciate you're input Thank you!

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Thank you, I've always loved your truck as well. I might just leave it the way it is idk I'm a woman we never know what we want....my truck has been totaled and I'm afraid that when if we raise the bumper it's not gone line up right...
I want to do a chevy hood tho I've been waiting for the right time to buy one, performance mods are killing me. Luckily paint and body work are free...haha
As far as turning radius -24 rubs like a bitch but not on the bumper it's hitting thet fender and only on the drivers side •__•
I really appreciate you're input Thank you!

No problem, I think you commented on a pic I had on IG earlier but I was wet sanding primer and didn't want to get my phone wet replying...

There is a lot of adjustment in the bumper and outer brackets when you raise it so I wouldn't be too worried about that if you do raise it.

Also don't know how many pictures of my ECSB but here are some more, don't mean to be a picture whore but maybe it would help you out.

Before I raised it:

DSC_4465.jpg

After:

DSC_4743-1.jpg

And some randoms:

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

Stock Grilll painted Emblem white bumper cap

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01273.jpg

DSC01276.jpg

All White with billet

DSC01174.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

Same as up top but with Denali Headlights

DSC_9989.jpg

DSC_9992.jpg

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
You're not helping my decision haha I want to do it but than again I don't bcuz I hate stealing others ideas. However it really makes the truck look clean idk my truck is just missing something idk what it is tho.
8e9azude.jpg
4usyja6y.jpg

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I think it looks good :D

Don't worry about using an idea. I wasn't the first to raise my bumper, a guy from WI with a red GMC did it before I did my write-up. ALso most certainly won't be the last.

Tint your whole windshield if anything at all.

I had 35% on my extended cabs entire shield and loved it. Crew cab now is 35% with a 5% brow and I put 50% with a 5% brow on my regular cab and its not enough IMO. I don't get hassled for it though since its my DD.

Don't know how cops are around you but they don't like me very much. I just got pulled over for the 57th time since I turned 17.... I'll be 25 in June. :roflmao:

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
I think it looks good :D

Don't worry about using an idea. I wasn't the first to raise my bumper, a guy from WI with a red GMC did it before I did my write-up. ALso most certainly won't be the last.

Tint your whole windshield if anything at all.

I had 35% on my extended cabs entire shield and loved it. Crew cab now is 35% with a 5% brow and I put 50% with a 5% brow on my regular cab and its not enough IMO. I don't get hassled for it though since its my DD.

Don't know how cops are around you but they don't like me very much. I just got pulled over for the 57th time since I turned 17.... I'll be 25 in June. :roflmao:

Haha I know but all white gmc lol can't be looking too much a like and I am I have to replace it again ugh there's a giant crack in it than I'm tinting the whole thing with a 5% strip I love tint...I've had it 5yrs and dnt get hassled for the tint I have now plus I'm a chick with a military id I get away with a lot hahahaha

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
I wouldn't be worried about copying, same color or not it is a great MOD IMO, your truck doesn't look bad bejng it's painted but the plastic piece in between the grille and bumper just ruins the flow...

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
I wouldn't be worried about copying, same color or not it is a great MOD IMO, your truck doesn't look bad bejng it's painted but the plastic piece in between the grille and bumper just ruins the flow...

Hahaha I know it does. I'm def thinking about raising it

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Its worth doing it just looks weird with that piece in the middle. I even did it on my Chevy, doesn't have the giant piece but it still looks better raised.