Glow Plug seized due to soot build up

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I'm doing a compression test so pulling all the plugs out #7 gave me hell. Even once threaded out I had to put a pry bar on it and rotate it to remove it. It had anti seize on the threads and they where perfect. The bore was jammed up with soot build up. It all cleaned out easy. Does this just happen sometimes or is there something/way I should be checking to make sure the GP is bottoming out on the head sealing it?maybe a coat of anti seize on the bores to keep them from sticking? From what I can tell looking down the GP hole the sealing surface of the head us in good shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I’ve seen that a few times also. I believe the glow plug wasn’t sealed to the head good allowing a little compression and soot by. Every time I’ve seen it has been while doing head gaskets though so the heads were cleaned and gone over by a machine shop before reinstalling. I’ve never had one leak yet. At least as far as I know.

I would just clean the hole out good and replace that glow plug with a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Thanks. I put a little grease on the end of the new GP to see if it was bottoming out and it was. I snuged them up good this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk