Gibson's Whiskey

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Well they do not make Gibson's rare anymore so if you have any left Larry, you better savour it! I bought a bottle and am keeping it in safe storage so I can sell it to Simon for $500 in a couple years!!

I gotta say, Crown is over-rated. It's only famous because it was specially made as a gift for Queen Victoria the 1st back in the 30's I believe. It's Gibson's or Danfields for me.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I guess I am just cheap but I drink evan williams black label (cheap) and when I want to drink something really good I buy some Makers Mark:D

But most of the time I just drink alot of beer:p

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Well they do not make Gibson's rare anymore so if you have any left Larry, you better savour it! I bought a bottle and am keeping it in safe storage so I can sell it to Simon for $500 in a couple years!!

I gotta say, Crown is over-rated. It's only famous because it was specially made as a gift for Queen Victoria the 1st back in the 30's I believe. It's Gibson's or Danfields for me.

I finished it off last nite Dale, would you care to send a buddy in Texas that bottle you have in storage, Simon would rather have tequila :screwy:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
A lot of this taste for great whiskey is a fantasy and all in your minds. I was involved in a test with a bunch of guys years ago. We were given different whiskies in paper cups and we were all asked to identify our favorite brands. We all failed to identify our brands, and in fact , most of us identified the brand we most hated as our favorite brand. :rolleyes: Now the whiskies used in the test were top brand and not rot gut. The mind can do funny things.:p

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Was Gibby's on that test list Mike? Cause I can easily identify it when compared to Crown or Black Velvet:p

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Was Gibby's on that test list Mike? Cause I can easily identify it when compared to Crown or Black Velvet:p

No sir it was not. I am only stating that we can easily be fooled under certain circumstances. Me an the other guys looked and felt pretty foolish after that test. I also believe you can tell your brand if it's outstanding. Maybe.:D

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
We where suspose to do a tequila taste test. But, for some reason it never happened :confused:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I saw a lot of tasting and testing going on when I was at your house Kat:D

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I saw a lot of tasting and testing going on when I was at your house Kat:D

:D

That Russian champagne you gave me for Mother's Day is the first ever champagne I have ever liked :yumyum:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So you tied into it already then huh Kat. Glad you liked it. The women here drink it alot and ya it is good.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I've had a lot of practice Mike;) I go to work to dry out, somehow I always leave with more skills in the art of mixing and drinking.

I officially have my black belt in tieoneon:D

P.S. I figured out how to do the absynthe,champagne,and red liquer shooter. Not quite as rough with no straw involved! But gets ya pist twice as fast!!