Getting Closer :D

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Getting Closer

Getting closer to finishing my trucks body work. This is the first time I have ever done body or paint and I am extremely pleased with how its turning out. I have to give a big thank you to Trent for steering me in the right direction and helping me out with parts :hug:. The rear right side of my bed was completely crushed in, I hammered it out as best I could because I do not have money for one of those sweet stud welders. Then floated a thin later of filler, then sanded my ass off. I know its far from perfect but Im working with what I have and feeling like Im getting closer to the heart of hot rodding.

Last edited:

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Looks good man.

Body work is not that hard, I restored my '71 K20 myself.

Be sure to prep the area well and keep it free from grease, wax, and especially oil from your skin. Also remember to block sand in different directions (diagonal one way, straight, then diagonal the other way, etc) to get the contour of the piece your working on...then just sand, sand, and sand some more. :D
Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Big Willy

diesel amateur
May 6, 2009
Its pretty nasty underneath those fender flairs isn't it? I took mine off once and was disgusted by all the dirt that had collected

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I like to crash it into things. Especially in hunting season. Yes it has been blocked every way from sunday, and cleaned with wax/grease remover everytime before I work on it. The primer built really well and now im just sanding and sanding. Then one more fat coat and then time to paint.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I like to crash it into things. Especially in hunting season. Yes it has been blocked every way from sunday, and cleaned with wax/grease remover everytime before I work on it. The primer built really well and now im just sanding and sanding. Then one more fat coat and then time to paint.

Nice Jordan... im sure you've posted this somewhere but what are you plans for the truck?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Its retired from racing...for now. I just got accepted into paramedic school and the truck has got to be reliable. The 4088 is off and sold, stock turbo is back on. Once injector warranty goes out and I have a daily driver, motor is coming out for a mild build and I will be building a set of twins (like everyone else lately). But for now it will live for the next year or two in the 500hp range. Medic school only takes 30 people a year, and you have to pass tests and crap to get in, and its 32 hrs a week :eek: so i want the rig running nice and safe and not crapping out. Plus if it needs injectors I can get them done for free by a dealer if shes all stock.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Haha no kidding I need ALOT of practice. But really the actual shooting portion has gone relatively well. And it is on the dirty rear of my truck alot behind my bumper. Might do color today

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
That's why I only take my truck road hunting in the afternoon, otherwise, we use dad's 89 F-150 for the brush beating. Congrats on Medic School, you deserved something good after all the BS you've been through.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Thanks Chad. Yeah well everyone likes to take my truck hunting because its got a bedliner so the dog crates dont slide around, heated seats, and its just the coolest rig of the bunch. Plus its cheaper on gas than my buddies gasser :rofl:
Paint goes on today.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Thanks Chad. Yeah well everyone likes to take my truck hunting because its got a bedliner so the dog crates dont slide around, heated seats, and its just the coolest rig of the bunch. Plus its cheaper on gas than my buddies gasser :rofl:
Paint goes on today.

good luck man ! remember if there is a problem in the color coat dont clear it , let it set up and color sand out the deffect ( runs ect ) . dont clear it till your certain it will look good .

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
nice work so far. it is alot easier than it first appears, though i would not put my minimal skill up against some painters i see work. they just have a knack to make the spray gun do some cool shit. good luck man. make sure you wet sand the clear just enough to match the rest of the truck orange peel wise.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Paints actually flashing right now. I'm by no means a good painter. I have a buddy who paints show trucks and he's nuts. I'm just matching color here :D