George - Big Dipper

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Is anyone here friends with him? I know he's tough to get a hold of, so I'm not bitching... but at this point I have to wonder if he's ok? I've been talking to and texting with him for 4+ years. I am a customer, as are some of my friends. The last time I spoke to him was in September and he asked me to call him on Friday (Oct 4th) to get my truck down for a converter swap. I've been calling and texting him ever since and it's freaky quiet. I figure before I take a 3+ hr round trip, I'd see if maybe something happened to the guy?

Wally

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Is anyone here friends with him? I know he's tough to get a hold of, so I'm not bitching... but at this point I have to wonder if he's ok? I've been talking to and texting with him for 4+ years. I am a customer, as are some of my friends. The last time I spoke to him was in September and he asked me to call him on Friday (Oct 4th) to get my truck down for a converter swap. I've been calling and texting him ever since and it's freaky quiet. I figure before I take a 3+ hr round trip, I'd see if maybe something happened to the guy?

Wally

I talked to him about 2 weeks ago. I know he's been extremely busy with everything. I wouldn't drive down here without getting ahold of him first.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I've called him every day since 10/4 and texted. Getting ahold of him first doesn't seem to be happening, LOL. At least he's ok. I'll continue to call. I was genuinely worried something happened.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I've called him every day since 10/4 and texted. Getting a hold of him first doesn't seem to be happening, LOL. At least he's ok. I'll continue to call. I was genuinely worried something happened.

I know he hates to have his phone blown up with multiple contacts daily, the more you bother him the more it pisses him off.......................;)

Just the way he is, it comes to a point when a text or call and wait a few days is better than a daily text or multiple texts and multiple phone calls.

I have the same aversion to people blowing my phone up, I had one customer call me 28 times in one day, if he is that bothersome and he only had questions, not even a customer yet, can you imagine what will happen when he is your customer ???

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I'm running out of warranty on this busted converter. There's a lot of history I'm not going into. This has been going on for months.:thumb: Aside from the business part of the transaction, I was genuinely worried he's ok at this point.

silvrmax04

IBEW local 24
Apr 18, 2007
md
I talked to him about 3 weeks ago to get my injectors checked and replaced. He told me to text him and I never heard back. He has always been this way. Very busy. Frustrating on this end but I do understand. Hard to find someone trustworthy, honest and good at what they do. It’s worth the wait if you can.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I accept the wait as part of the package, lol. After months of waiting we talked and he had two trucks ahead and said to call him Friday. That was a month and a half ago. We’ve shot the shit over the last 4 years and he’s a great guy. I also offered to carry cargo when I went to Danville a few weeks ago, because years ago he was going to have me do that when I went, but he didn’t reply to that text either. Odd. So, after a bunch of calls I got concerned. This converter I’m running was a compromise at at the time he asked me to try it and work with him, knowing it would likely need to be swapped, updated, or other at least once more. I’ll lay off another week and try again.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I think some people forget he is a one man operation. From phone calls to getting the trucks done it's only him. I'm not referring to anyone here, but some people expect to much. Your not going to get your truck in the next day if you have problems.

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
Well good to see nothing's changed over the years. :hug: If you're reading this George. In my experience he doesn't answer his phone, but all will be more than right in the end.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
this isn’t to bash. I had a genuine concern that he seemingly disappeared after months of communications about my problem and getting me on the shop. I don’t want this to come off as a bitch fest. He does great work.

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
I think some people forget he is a one man operation. From phone calls to getting the trucks done it's only him. I'm not referring to anyone here, but some people expect to much. Your not going to get your truck in the next day if you have problems.

*Not talking specifically about Big Dipper, as I have no experience with him*

In general, I'm ok with a longer lead time on stuff, especially when I know that I'm getting the best product / service. But what I don't have a tolerance for is a lack of communication telling me that. I understand that people get busy, but if your so busy that you can't return a phone call or text for weeks (months?) on end, then you can probably afford to hire someone that can do those admin types of things for you.

Or, if you really are THAT good, increase your prices to drive away some of the always-want-to-bullshit types of customers so you can focus more on the customers who actually want to do business. I'll gladly pay more for good or the best service, but radio silence for weeks or months is not something I have much tolerance for.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Why are people sticking up for this asshole? There is no excuse for ignoring customers. Especially one that's having issues with a product of yours. This is why this industry is becoming a joke. I see this all the time with him.
Mike is one of the best builders in the industry and keeps busy. I often see him suggest that people call him even if they are across the country. I understand it's hard to hire people to help but sometimes just someone doing the small things helps out a lot.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Why are people sticking up for this asshole? There is no excuse for ignoring customers. Especially one that's having issues with a product of yours. This is why this industry is becoming a joke. I see this all the time with him.
Mike is one of the best builders in the industry and keeps busy. I often see him suggest that people call him even if they are across the country. I understand it's hard to hire people to help but sometimes just someone doing the small things helps out a lot.

I agree! There’s a lot of business’s I will not deal with anymore because of lack of customer service. I’m glad I can do 95% of my own work and the other 5% goes to business’s that have good customer service....

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC

X3, never understood why for years people would defend him or Ben for having terrible customer service.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
X3, never understood why for years people would defend him or Ben for having terrible customer service.

The simple answer is because the products are good. For example, Ben is absolutely horrible to get ahold of but will spam the FB groups about autosync 24/7. When you have a tech question or inquire about a product (for example I was trying to buy an auto high-idle box for my LB7) it would take months for a response but I kept trying simply because he's the only guy who makes the product I want.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
The simple answer is because the products are good. For example, Ben is absolutely horrible to get ahold of but will spam the FB groups about autosync 24/7. When you have a tech question or inquire about a product (for example I was trying to buy an auto high-idle box for my LB7) it would take months for a response but I kept trying simply because he's the only guy who makes the product I want.

Just cuz you want it isn’t good enough reason to justify a company making customers wait months and months to get it to them or to then offer 0 support on a product they have an issue with.

As good or as bad a product or service may end up being if you can’t or won’t offer support after the sale no matter how big or small it is then that’s piss poor customer service and business management. Period.

I FN hate people/businesses like that. I like many work hard for my money and when I spend it on a costly service or part I expect some sort of support in a reasonably timely manner if I have an issue.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I don't know about the rest of you but I don't think it is going to do any good to bash George or Ben or anyone else for that matter. We all know of the issues. I think the only thing this thread is going to do is make it worse. Likely to push them further away and offer members less help then before

If you don't get any response after several days or whatever time you deem appropriate then find somewhere else to spend your money.

It's pretty apparent that the venders that are active on this forum are also the ones that tend to provide the best costumer service. If I need injectors, cp3, etc then I'll call LDS, if I need transmission service then I'll call Mike L (if east cost them Evan). There are a few other but you get the picture

With that being said, I hope you take the high road and keep the insults and bashing to a minimum.

Jason out...

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
I don't know about the rest of you but I don't think it is going to do any good to bash George or Ben or anyone else for that matter. We all know of the issues. I think the only thing this thread is going to do is make it worse. Likely to push them further away and offer members less help then before

If you don't get any response after several days or whatever time you deem appropriate then find somewhere else to spend your money.

It's pretty apparent that the venders that are active on this forum are also the ones that tend to provide the best costumer service. If I need injectors, cp3, etc then I'll call LDS, if I need transmission service then I'll call Mike L (if east cost them Evan). There are a few other but you get the picture

With that being said, I hope you take the high road and keep the insults and bashing to a minimum.

Jason out...

:yup:
This x1000. Where that like button at;) The op i think was genuinely worried about George. Ill be the one to say it, he was making sure he wasnt dead:D. Everything else jason pretty much summed up. Ill keep my opinions about ben to my self. George is just one of those guys thats so busy that he will get to you when he gets to you. Most people know that going into it. Might be 3 days, 3 weeks, or 8 months :rofl