Gauges/switches for air bags

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I put Firestone air bags on a couple of months ago, and I just scored a good deal on a Viair 275 compressor.

So now my mind is wandering to find a gauge & switch setup that will look nice in the cab of my LB7. Right now I'm looking at the CUBBYCAM gauge mount http://www.cubbycam.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7 but haven't picked out a gauge or switches. I do know that I want a 2-way setup so I can adjust for uneven loads.

What setups are you guys running? Pics would be nice too! Thanks again guys. :angel:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
A buddy of mine had dual gauges and dual switches in the cubby hole in the center console.They were needle gauges with 2 rocker switches if you rocked it forward it filled the bags rock it backward and it released the air.It was a nice set up for sure.we have 2 trucks to install complete firestone kits coming up so we are going to need something for those 2 trucks also.

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I've installed the Firestone brand gauge with dual switches in a truck, and also on a van. They worked pretty good actually. But I don't have a center console, or alot of real estate on the dash, and those switches are kinda bulky.

I wish there were more options for switches & gauges. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of options.

So far, I'm leaning towards the CubbyCam pod with an Air Lift brand gauge I found. The gauge is kind of pricey though. But it has an INFLATE button built into it, and also has left & right DEFLATE buttons built in, and dual needles. Do any of you guys run this gauge? Is there something better out there I haven't found yet? Here's a couple pics. :angel:

CubbyCam pod. I like the clean look, and how it's angled back towards the driver.
ProdGPM.jpg

ProdAccGPM_I01.jpg

And the Air Lift gauge.
15-0069-color.jpg

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I mounted the gauge and switch down on the side of the center console, down by my right leg. Can't see the gauge from the driving position, but it's out of the way and I can reach the switch if I need to adjust based of the ride quality. I just fill the bags to a set pressure before I hop in the truck...

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
I run a wireless system from air lift with a digital controler.
Its nice it will do side to side or both at the same time and It will adjust in 10 psi or 1 psi increments and I like it cause I can be out side the vehical and adjust the ride hieght depending on my load or I can just grab it running down the road and adjust as needed.

Attachments

• 20130213_093502.jpg
    20130213_093502.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 41

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Its nice it will do side to side or both at the same time and It will adjust in 10 psi or 1 psi increments and I like it cause I can be out side the vehical and adjust the ride hieght depending on my load or I can just grab it running down the road and adjust as needed.
Thats very nice but im sure its at a nice price as well.

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
I've installed the Firestone brand gauge with dual switches in a truck, and also on a van. They worked pretty good actually. But I don't have a center console, or alot of real estate on the dash, and those switches are kinda bulky.

I wish there were more options for switches & gauges. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of options.

So far, I'm leaning towards the CubbyCam pod with an Air Lift brand gauge I found. The gauge is kind of pricey though. But it has an INFLATE button built into it, and also has left & right DEFLATE buttons built in, and dual needles. Do any of you guys run this gauge? Is there something better out there I haven't found yet? Here's a couple pics. :angel:

CubbyCam pod. I like the clean look, and how it's angled back towards the driver.
ProdGPM.jpg

ProdAccGPM_I01.jpg

And the Air Lift gauge.
15-0069-color.jpg

I have the airlift gauge in my ford and it works very well.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
I ended up using the Firestone kit for my truck. I bought a used set of bags and did it manually for a while. Seeing it was almost every weekend, or every other weekend I was towing, I figured I would put my train horns and compressor/tank on the truck. I got the Firestone gauge and valves and mounting slightly different.

I bought this gauge pod from a member off PT.net. It was a one-off deal from Trick Performance. Took it out of my half ton and used it to house my air pressure gauge.

487370_590018597691973_1751539805_n_zps7774785b.jpg

I mounted the valves on the lower kick panel just below your right knee.

263811_590019921025174_1171022275_n_zpsaf787d71.jpg

I use it frequently and love it. Very happy with it, in fact I am upgrading the compressor and tanks to allow me to fill tires up from my gooseneck.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I ended up using the Firestone kit for my truck. I bought a used set of bags and did it manually for a while. Seeing it was almost every weekend, or every other weekend I was towing, I figured I would put my train horns and compressor/tank on the truck. I got the Firestone gauge and valves and mounting slightly different.

I bought this gauge pod from a member off PT.net. It was a one-off deal from Trick Performance. Took it out of my half ton and used it to house my air pressure gauge.

487370_590018597691973_1751539805_n_zps7774785b.jpg

I mounted the valves on the lower kick panel just below your right knee.

263811_590019921025174_1171022275_n_zpsaf787d71.jpg

I use it frequently and love it. Very happy with it, in fact I am upgrading the compressor and tanks to allow me to fill tires up from my gooseneck.
Nice clean install:thumb:

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA

Does your setup allow you to run a tank with this controller?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I mounted the gauge and switch down on the side of the center console, down by my right leg. Can't see the gauge from the driving position, but it's out of the way and I can reach the switch if I need to adjust based of the ride quality. I just fill the bags to a set pressure before I hop in the truck...
I basically have the same setup. I wish my left/right was independent, though. The single control is OK, but having a crossover connected can actually make side-to-side sway worse in the right situation.

I say go for the dual-needle gauge. However, IMO there is no need to mount it in the cubby, as you don't need to constantly keep an eye on bag pressure like you do boost/EGTs. Down by your knees is out of the way, but easy enough to adjust when the load changes. Then again, I don't change trailers/loads more than 1, sometimes 2x in a given day. If you change loads a lot, maybe the cubby would be better.
I am upgrading the compressor and tanks to allow me to fill tires up from my gooseneck.
I have a standard quick connect on the back of my truck. I can run air tools, fill a tire, whatever. I actually probably use that as much as the air bags. Super nice!

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
since these showed up the other day guess I need to figure my best spot for a comp and switches, if I go that route..

Attachments

• bags.jpg
    bags.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 63

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming

That is a really slick setup you have there. Overkill for my needs, and out of my price range too, but I really like it. Thanks for posting. :)

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I spoke to a tech at Air Lift the other day. They do offer the gauge & harness seperately from their kits. But they are a bit pricey....

They have a rebate on their kits until the end of Feb. I can buy their kit with the base compressor for around 250, then get a 50 rebate, and probably sell the compressor for 75-ish. That would give me the gauge setup I like, the harness, and all the small parts, elbows, and check valves for about 125 in the end. :woott:

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
I bought the airlift loadcontroller 2 onboard systems paid 166 with shipping and got a 50 dollar rebate.. 116. Is a great deal and it works real nice

Last edited: