LB7: fuel regulator buzzing

Blueox03

Aug 12, 2006
Jackson County, MS
I did some searching and came up empty handed....

The fuel regulator on my CP3 it buzzing like a loud lift pump and it won't start. Is it shot or does something else cause this????

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
This probably won't help you, but I noticed today that my FPR will buzz as well if I let it sit for about a minute with the key on engine off. I was bleeding out the ABS and noticed it ealier today.

LB7Diesel

Oh Boy!
Sep 3, 2006
Melbourne, F.L.
Mine does it too. Been doing it ever since I did the cp3 mod. Don't know wtf is causing it. I even logged what it was doing, and it shows nothing. It can't be good, but it's lasted over a year now.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
so my regulator on my second cp3 started doing this shortly after the truck just shut off in the driveway??? Did any of you guys fpr ever completely give up?:confused:

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
Check the pigtail wiring harness that goes down to the FPR. It's probably worn through or having a bad connection.

None of my FPR's have ever buzzed; not in my LB7, not in my brother's LBZ, not either one on my dual fueler LLY.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
Check the pigtail wiring harness that goes down to the FPR. It's probably worn through or having a bad connection.

None of my FPR's have ever buzzed; not in my LB7, not in my brother's LBZ, not either one on my dual fueler LLY.

the motor only has a couple hundred miles on it wouldnt think it would wear through that quick...ill check it now!

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
These are completely stock regulators doin this? Mine is doin this as well, but mine is modded. Never did it before. My thinking was I didn't spend enough time polishing the ultra close tolerance piston inside of it when doin the mod.