LBZ: fuel prob

crash85

Nov 3, 2009
Iam working on a buddies truck and ive tried to figure out what its doin but iam lost we can drive it around 60 and get in it and it falls on its face like it runs out of fuel and drop a gear and it will pull but then it smokes like crazy the truck is bone stock and not giving a code where do i need to look

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
List everything you know about the truck. How many miles are on it? Is he the original owner? If not the prior owner could have tuned it. Have you or someone else checked balance rates on injectors? Unfortunately there are lots of problems that could cause the issue you describe. Sounds like a fuel issue of some kind to me, bad injector, weak Cp3, plugged fuel filter, weak FPRV,etc.

crash85

Nov 3, 2009
ok 140xxx miles the balance rates are good i belive he's the second owner and he said it will do it ost running around 70 and get in to it and make it pull it will just fall on it face and if he will floor it it will pull out and run but smoke like hell. or he can drop a gear and pull out and smoke ive put a new fuel filter on it. Hopeing that was it but it still does it

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
Could it be the vane position sensor? That's kind of what mine did when my sensor went out. The turbo wouldn't spool and it would smoke like crazy.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Its smoking???? Maybe a boost leak???

boostleaks.jpg

LOL!!!!

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Best I remember there is a generic pid list for the Dmax you can log on EFI that will tell you pretty much everthing? If it was a boost leak you would probably see smoke every time you went to accelerate.

crash85

Nov 3, 2009
it has a small haze at wot or if ya towing ive loged it but i cant get the truck to do it now