LB7: Fuel leak only when tank is full.

gsx4speed

Mar 8, 2017
I have a 2001 Silverado extended cab with a fuel leak at the front of my gas tank, but only when the tank is full. At first I thought it might have been the filler neck but the leak Is farther forward then that. I wouldn't think that any of the lines would do that since I should see it leak all the time if that were the case. Does anyone have any ideas what might cause this? I have not dropped the tank yet, i wanted to try to get an idea of what it might be before I do that.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Lift the bed instead of dropping the tank. It's either the lines or the seal around the sender itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Removed the bed bolts and block it up off the frame a few inches, it's either the vent or a bad quick disconnect.

Treed! Lol

gsx4speed

Mar 8, 2017
Is there anything at the front part of the tank? The sender is farther back from where the leak is.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
The fuel cooler, supply, and return lines all run around the front of the tank. Have you even crawled under to look at it?

gsx4speed

Mar 8, 2017
I did briefly to see if I could see any obvious reasons. About a year ago I replaced one line in the front by the cooler, but this time it is higher where I can't see it. But why does it lack only when full?

gsx4speed

Mar 8, 2017
I did briefly to see if I could see any obvious reasons. About a year ago I replaced one line in the front by the cooler, but this time it is higher where I can't see it. But why does it lack only when full?

Leak*

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
I would say either a hole was rubbed in the tank or its leaking from the sending unit area and running off the front of tank. Really just a guessing game at this point.

gsx4speed

Mar 8, 2017
Thank you all I will take a harder look to see what the problem is. Thank you for giving me ideas