LBZ: Fuel Filter message on DIC

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
My 06 LBZ is essentially a w/t model, vinyl floors, manual everything, cloth seats. No steering wheel controls, believe the only options were a/c, cd player and the duramax seeing as it was bought for farm use originally.

My "change fuel filter" message has been on since it was replaced in late october. Dealer never got it cleared, is there any sequence i can do to get rid of this damn thing? would not having the WIF cause this msg to appear?

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
i have an 06 3500 fat girl , similar equipment package. mine comes and goes at will. i will keep up with this ....

Dalyfarms

Jan 12, 2010
Centrailia Mo
I have a 06 myself, and run into this the first time I changed the filter. I primed the filter and closed the bleeder. then had to pump it up untill the pump got tight again before the message would stay off.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
If it is the same message im thinking, then on the dic option that says "fuel filter life" just hold down the 'enter' button on the truck (steering wheel lower right or on the actal cluster itself) until it resets itself to 100% and then the message usually stays off.

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
No Steering controls here... the tech at the dealership tried the tech2 but its still there.

Just gets annoying having it beep everytime i key on (yes i get annoyed by the small issues)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Look in the owners manual. It tells you how to do it. Something about pushing the accelerator pedal to the floor a certain number fo times.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Look in the owners manual. It tells you how to do it. Something about pushing the accelerator pedal to the floor a certain number fo times.

IIRC it's turn the key to the run position and press the pedal 3 times.

jc64

Sep 29, 2006
Oregon
Try this:

1. Turn the ignition key to RUN without starting the engine.

2. Wait five seconds.

3. Completely press the brake and the accelerator pedals simultaneously and hold for ten seconds.

4. Release pedals and confirm message displayed in the DIC. FUEL FILTER RESET

5. Turn the ignition key off

The FUEL FILTER LIFE SYSTEM is now set to 100%.

jc

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
pretty sure you can push the balck button in the gaugel cluster (the little one that stck out to change from odo to trip) till you see fuel filter life, once on that screen jsut press and hold the black button down to the life resets to 100%.

flyinfinn

Aug 28, 2012
Dallas, OR
Thanks JC, I reset my fuel filter life indicator to 100% for my 2006 LBZ with your instructions after changing my filter. Love this forum, very helpful!
Jeff. :thumb: