LLY: From gas to Diesel, sort of...

black00chev

Oct 16, 2017
Virginia
Still have my gas truck, but needed something newer with lower miles and no rust.

Found this really nice 2004 LLY LT with only 29,625 miles on it (now 30,200) and had to get it!

Please feel free to throw out any hints/tips/tricks/suggestions!!! :thumb:

80-22181282_10155497267921609_4426253907829346296_o_5abac42430cd7564d61ae2f77c986f72a9994fbd.jpg

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Welcome! Low miles!

We just need to make a thread per platform called "Duramax Do's and Duramax Dont's"
There are a lot of different things you can start with, to keep the rust off of it you can keep your frame painted or soaked in something like WD40 or diesel etc over the winter and clean it regularly. I'm assuming it's bone stock for now but you can do a PCV reroute, LBZ mouthpiece, pump rub kit, turbo back exhaust and a nice "trans safe tune" on a DSP5 switch for starters. I was happy with my Idaho Rob tunes on my LLY. Any of the phrase I used you can search within this forum and there will be more explanation to what each mod is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
Welcome! Low miles!

We just need to make a thread per platform called "Duramax Do's and Duramax Dont's"
There are a lot of different things you can start with, to keep the rust off of it you can keep your frame painted or soaked in something like WD40 or diesel etc over the winter and clean it regularly. I'm assuming it's bone stock for now but you can do a PCV reroute, LBZ mouthpiece, pump rub kit, turbo back exhaust and a nice "trans safe tune" on a DSP5 switch for starters. I was happy with my Idaho Rob tunes on my LLY. Any of the phrase I used you can search within this forum and there will be more explanation to what each mod is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is going to be a lot of bickering over what content is in a dos and don'ts thread..lol. But good idea none the less.

black00chev

Oct 16, 2017
Virginia
Thanks for the welcome everyone :beer

Yes, the truck is bone stock for now. Don't want/need to do anything that will require me to start digging into the trans.

Definitely planning on doing the LBZ mouth piece and intake. Either delete or block off the EGR. With the PCV reroute, is everyone just capping the intake and venting to atmosphere below the truck or running a catch can? As for exhaust, do they make a true turbo back exhaust or is it downpipe back? And for getting a mile tune, I have EFI Live all ready that my gas truck is tuned with. Who's pretty good with their program?

Thanks again for the welcome and the tips so far :thumb: