Freds 6th Annual Truck Drags October 9th 2011

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I might come down, bird hunting through the 4th of Oct over in Idaho. Rob is staying in Idaho and running Max'd Out in the Halloween Classic mid month. Do they do any track prep for this race?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I might come down, bird hunting through the 4th of Oct over in Idaho. Rob is staying in Idaho and running Max'd Out in the Halloween Classic mid month. Do they do any track prep for this race?

The track is usually prepped very well.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Ok looks like I'm coming the engine builder and performance shop owner where we built White Out is coming as well. I drove it to Topeka but never ran it higher that level one for the 11.90 class. Going to turn it up and see what it will do, especially since this is considered a very fast track.

What exactly is the diesel class? Is it all sportman tree? Brackets or what? Also no prize money just trophies? See you guys on the 9th Also why Sunday and not Saturday?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Ok looks like I'm coming the engine builder and performance shop owner where we built White Out is coming as well. I drove it to Topeka but never ran it higher that level one for the 11.90 class. Going to turn it up and see what it will do, especially since this is considered a very fast track.

What exactly is the diesel class? Is it all sportman tree? Brackets or what? Also no prize money just trophies? See you guys on the 9th Also why Sunday and not Saturday?

I dont remember how the classes were but at the end they did jackpot and I won a couple hundred. This was two years ago.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Ok guys lets get a head count on who in the diesel world is coming. Is everything bracket with a sportman tree or is there any heads up with either a sportman or protree?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
The dodge boys? Who all is coming? Drake? Not sure if Dmitri or Trent is coming for sure hope they both do.

My heads are done I believe and should be heading back my way tom , I will be there as long as she doesnt break between now and then :roflmao:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Pretty low turnout. I trashed my tranny on the second pass. Russ was there and a few other guys but really a pretty weak showing.:( Some good passes late, Cole ran a 9.80 the last pass of the day.:thumb: My first pass on level three was an 11.16 @ 124.27. Came around and turned up the knob to level 5 and had the tranny lock up on the 3-4 shift, pretty sure we took out some splines on the intermediate shaft and probably something else. First I thought I snapped a shaft as the engine hit the rev limiter, but once I coasted clear of the track I was able to get it going again with a nasty growl and gravely sound.:eek: 1/8 mile et's was almost exactly the same at 7.29 v/s a 7.22 on the first pass. MPH were almost 20 mph different though a 79.8 to a 98.9 on the first pass. 60' was nothing to brag about on either pass, low 1.6's. Second pass was hauling ass, even with the slow 60'. I coasted through the traps on the brakes at 13.7 and 63 mph and still won. I was going to only make one pass on the big tune then turn it down to level one for the eliminations. Good plan...not so good of an execution.:D

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Ok, I will be the one to ask but who is Cole? Steve Cole?:eek:

HAHA, Steve Cole actually attends drag racing events? News to me :D

No it is a local guy here named Cole Dow this is his truck

[YOUTUBE]RYrm_wakukY[/YOUTUBE]