LB7: Fprv issues with 3" y bridge

meeksn01

Apr 17, 2014
Ok, I need help everyone. I am installing an hsp 3" y bridge. The problem I am running into is that my fprv is unable to fit due to the return line for my 2nd cp3 hitting the new y bridge. My return line for 2nd cp3 was tapped into the 19mm bolt at the drivers side of the fprv.
Any suggestions?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Have you called hsp? Do you have pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meeksn01

Apr 17, 2014
I just now called and left you a voicemail. Just get back with me when you can. Is this a different kit than what comes with the y bridge? t fitting plug hose and etc?

meeksn01

Apr 17, 2014
ok going to try and t my 2nd cp3 return into the valley return. Are these fittings JIC fitting or special fuel fittings? Any other ideas on where to route my 2nd cp3 return to?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The kit usually is sent with the bridge. It consist of a plug to block fuel relief on the junction block and you use the hose, clamps and tee to tie the original return lines together. You would need a additional tee or run it from the second pump and tee into the large return line. I just did all new returns so I had plenty of capacity for the return. That way you keep heat down on the pumps and eliminate any pressure back up on the return. It really benefits your systems longevity due to heat along.

meeksn01

Apr 17, 2014
I have the kit that came with the bridge just don't have room for where the 2nd cp3 comes into the junction. So I would use the tee for the return lines that meet up at the junction block banjo fitting. Put a plug in the junction block and then run the 2nd cp3 pump into which large return line. The one for the cp3 in the valley? What did you make your new improved return lines out for?

meeksn01

Apr 17, 2014
picture.php

meeksn01

Apr 17, 2014
Plug installed. Cut this metal banjo tee line and splice with rubber and hose and clamps correct? Also can I run my return from the 2nd cp3 into the tee with the braided hoses or should I run it into the metal banjo tee lines?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I use the airdog return couplers in the fuel fill tube. I ran a 1/2" airdog style line from the engine and connected all return into it. I have braided stainless lines under the hood as well so it is easy to install and reinstall upon removing as well as looking good. I made a return block out if some aluminum stock and fitted it with an fittings. I deleted the factory banjos on the heads and went to 4an lines into my junction. Ran the pumps into it with 6 an and exited the junction into 8 an and ran back to the tank. All flow has zero possible back up restrictions. I did the math to make sure as more flow came in it had excess capability afterward.

meeksn01

Apr 17, 2014
relocate

Ok that's what I figured just didn't know if it would affect the reading not being near the oil pump