Florida is AWESOME!!

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
First thing first, i'm from Alberta Canada

So i ordered a brand new 38' Race Trailer in Georgia and i'm gonna pick that up on tuesday. Decided to drive down here and have a little holiday in Florida before i go and pick it up. Am i ever glad i did that. Florida is beautiful! I'm having a blast. Drove thru Jacksonville, I-95 down to Daytona Beach, staying in a resort until monday or tuesday. Drove down to Canaveral/Cocoa Beach today and back to Daytona Beach again via Hwy 1 and A1A. Also visited the Daytona Speedway, cool place!:woott:

I'm thinking of driving to Orlando tomorrow and see if it's worth going to disneyland for just a day. Gotta spend some time on the beaches too! lol:roflmao:

I was thinking of driving down to Miami and possibly over to Key West too but i just don't have enough time for that. I wanna enjoy the sun while i'm here, don't wanna sit in the truck all day, i got a 3000+ mile trip back home yet.;)

Kinda dissapointed that i don't see much for diesel trucks lol, there's a few nice half tons around but everything is cars around here, big change from Canada, there's done up diesel trucks all over :thumb:

Long story short: I am definitely coming back here, and next time a little longer. It's nice having my own truck here so i can drive anywhere i like.

Thank you Florida for an amazing time, i'll be back:happy2:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
On my way down i went like this: Alberta-Saskatchewan-North Dakota-Minnesota-Wisconsin-Illinois-Indiana-Kentucky-Tennessee-Georgia-Florida. Stayed in Rockford IL first night, and second night i stayed in Macon GA.

On my way home i will probably go thru Kansas City, and take the same route home as i did from the World Finals in Topeka. North to Sioux Falls ND, west to Billings MT and then north to Alberta

No pics yet haha i'll shoot a couple when i got er hooked up to the truck.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Oh BTW i took the 06 Cummins with me instead of the LLY lol, glad i did, mileage is awesome with the Dodge, that LLY likes to suck the fuel and the Cummins will pull the trailer a little easier too. It's still stock height and stock wheels/tires. Lift and wheels are home ready to go on.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
:thumb: let's see that trailer :D

Here ya go lol. I wish I still had the mega dually. 6.7 pulls so much better

e4d4b2ee.jpg

070993c9.jpg

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Awesome road trip and NICE trailer :D

Grabbing any other deals while you are down there with an empty trailer?

I'm always looking for an 03 RCLB that needs a D/A :spit:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
In Kansas City now. I'll stop by Walmart in great falls and stock up on beer and I need a new BBQ but other than that it's staying empty lol. I just bought these two dodges so I got too many trucks already. Gotta get rid of one or two

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Don't know if i wanna sell that one lol got way too much money into it to be worth selling i think. But offers are always welcome lol. I really wanna get a LMM singlecab and turn it into a full blown racetruck but this 03 is first in line cuz it ate lots of my money already haha

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
ya i kinda miss Florida. Im originally from Orlando and just moved to Boise last September.

Lots of things to do in florida whether its the beaches, parks, clubs or the girls.. great place

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
i bet that dodge got between 25-27mpg on ur way down to florida?? not towing of course

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
i bet that dodge got between 25-27mpg on ur way down to florida?? not towing of course
Actually hand calculated from home to when i picked up my trailer was 20.8MPG. That's doing 75mph almost the whole way, did 80-85 one day to make it from Rockford IL to Macon GA in one day. Lotta stop n go on that trip too, gps took me on some frekin highway that runs thru about 20 small towns. What a pain that was. I like setting cruise on the interstates and not hit the brakes for 5-6 hours til the next corner lol.

Damn. That's a nice trailer. How many miles you got logged so far in the trip dudgey?
Right now i'm at 8900km now (5600Miles). And i got about 800 miles left to go. Gonna hit the 10,000KM mark on the trip meter tomorrow haha cool