First hand gun

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
i agree nice gun but not to carry look at the sig 380 very nice shooting amazing and thats what i carry more of a punch than the 9mm also. just my

Bakwoodz

Feb 8, 2012
Louisiana
is this going to be your carry gun or just a gun that you will enjoy taking to the range? I am partial to springfields. I love my XDm .40 compact. I have put well over 1000 rounds through it with zero problems. I also liked my M&P

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
If it's your first gun, get something of reasonable quality you want to have, and will want to shoot. Sig or whatever. 9mm is a good choice. It's cheap to shoot and recoil is minimal in a pistol of that size. Happy shooting.

That's my opinion anyway.

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
:the other thread i just stated my next one is the xd 40c love it maybe tomorrow when i wake up i may just have to stop over the gun store and see what they have instead of putting it off valentines day present to me.:thumb:

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
I'm not a Sig guy personally but they are a good, solid piece. My favorite carry is a Kimber Ultra Carry TLE II. Beautiful gun, easy to conceal, and the .45 will put anyone on their ass if need be. I also have the Glocks, Springfield XDs etc. If it is not going to be a carry gun don't rule out a good ole revolver. I love my Smith & Wessons, Ruger GP100s in .357 etc.

My best advice is to find a range or club that offers lots of firearms to rent and shoot as many as possible or find a buddy with a good collection that will take you out. Shoot as many guns as you can get your hands on and then make a decision.

If your ever in Northern AZ give me a shout...I can get you behind a nice sampling of firearms and can certainly point you in the right direction once you settle on something you like.

ChevyTruck

Boats an Hoes!
Oct 19, 2011
Newark, De
I'd just be going to the range with the gun, get used to them before I start to carry.

I was looking at a Glock 17 9MM also but my buddy is not a fan of Glock's. I just heard that the Sig is a much better gun comepaired to the Glock.

Keep the opinions coming fellas, I appericate them.

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
I love my S&W airlight .357 . Its about is light as they come, and it will split the hardest of coconut's! The bullets feel heavier than the gun,LOL.

weistie

Jan 29, 2012
Joplin, Mo
nobody mentioned taurus? My first was a millenium pro, a great gun for inexpensive start to hanggun collecting . u failed to mention budget, as unfortunately money has a lot to do with our choices , not everyone lives in an up economy.

ChevyTruck

Boats an Hoes!
Oct 19, 2011
Newark, De
The Sig price is around $1,000 for the one in my first post, I know a grand is a bit much but if it's a quality built, firing gun it'll be worth the money. In my opinion.

weistie

Jan 29, 2012
Joplin, Mo
i'm jealous ! my wife would flip if i spent a grand for a gun <seperate accounts r nice > with that budget anything u get is top o the line

ChevyTruck

Boats an Hoes!
Oct 19, 2011
Newark, De
i'm jealous ! my wife would flip if i spent a grand for a gun <seperate accounts r nice > with that budget anything u get is top o the line

That's one of the benefits of being a single man right now. :D Can spend My money any way I Want. :roflmao:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I have a Kimberly Ultra Carry CDP II. It is a nice piece. .45 without a lot of recoil. Easy to conceal too.
It is my favorite of all my handguns.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
i agree nice gun but not to carry look at the sig 380 very nice shooting amazing and thats what i carry more of a punch than the 9mm also. just my

no nearly as much punch coming out of a 380 and 9mm in +p or +p+ is way better than a 380.

to the OP I would suggest something simple and compact / sub compact (M&P or glock) for your first gun. you will be able to go to the range and carry it without hassle. remember pick something you can shoot well. a 9mm hit does more damage than a 45acp miss

go to a range that has a wide variety of rentals or go with a friend who has a lot of different guns and calibers and fire all of them. when you find something you like then go for it.

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
kinda a depressing day for me today went to pick up my bodyguard 38 special +p today and the retailer called to make sure I was good to go well I got denied WTF I dont understand I have a clean record . SO now I have to appeal to show that I am not a criminal .. The only thing I can think of is that my wallet was stolen about two weeks ago or so and my concealed license was in there so I sent a letter to the division of licensing explaining my situation . well the other day a lady had found my wallet and called me I went and picked it up my concealed was in there with it . Great right.. well went to pick up my revolver and damn I got denied .. I dont understand very annoying...

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
Ive got glocks, kimbers, colts and ironically enough my first pistol was a used sig P239. I would not count out a glock they are simple and shoot good kinda of like the energizer bunny of pistols they can really be abused and will keep going. Also you may find a used one pretty cheap since alot of police depts use them and they get sold later on. I just wouldnt and didnt spend a fortune on my first pistol. I like a 40 or 45 but 9mm was my first. Some good advice was given about shoot as many different things as you can and see what feels best. Good luck