First four wheel drive launch.. Suggestions!?

Overthetop

Mar 20, 2013
CT
Hey guys , kind of a newbie to all this and this is my first post.. Going to do my first track day with my truck.. At English town this Saturday .. Any suggestions with a four wheel drive launch.. I'm running twins ,full cognito stage 8 front end kit, truck is leveled with 20inch wheels and 33s... Any advice would be helpful.. Thanks in advance!! Hoping nothing breaks!! Hahaha

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Be ready for it to go any which way but straight, and HANG ON WITH BOTH HANDS! My first boosted launch was only 4 pounds and wasn't bad, next go round I brought it up to 10 and it went every which way but straight and spun all 4 for the 1st 30-40 feet.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Be ready for it to go any which way but straight, and HANG ON WITH BOTH HANDS! My first boosted launch was only 4 pounds and wasn't bad, next go round I brought it up to 10 and it went every which way but straight and spun all 4 for the 1st 30-40 feet.

Exactly what he said. Hold on because it'll go every which way but straight. I light up my 33s almost every time I launch it. I noticed it launches a little smoother when I ease into the pedal instead of mashing it as soon as the light turns green but what fun is that. I try to stay around 10lbs when I launch but sometimes I get to excited and don't pay attention and let her eat. Drop the torsion bars down as low as you can go. It'll help with the launch. As already mentioned if you have a place to do a few launches before the track then do it. It'll make you feel more comfortable and get familiar with what the trucks gonna do when you hit the track. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Overthetop

Mar 20, 2013
CT
Thanks to for the heads up... I will def do a couple practice runs and let you know how it goes... Not sure how my time will be but hopefully something decent ... Yes front end all ready to go full cognito front end.. Tie rods, control arms, idle and pitman braces .. Kind of figured some bad torque steer .. Ill give that wheel the grip of death.. Hahah .. Thanks again

Dirtymaxx07

Jan 15, 2013
Yes to the last statement!^

If your front end is cranked up its not going to launch straight at all... Trust me I know. I tried. You want your cv axles level or slightly negative for a good launch.