Finger Vanes

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Thought some of you might be interested in the latest revision of the Finger Vanes. This a picture of the latest prototypes.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Whoops! Sorry about the huge picture. Didn't upload the resized one. Wonder if Kat or Pat could shrink it since I don't know how to fix it from my end.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
These are going into a charger this week. I have been running mine for a few months now and MiniSub has had his in for a while. They have a lag in spool up that the slots in these should reduce. If that pans out, I will refine and blend the profile. The slot should also require less table tweeking.

You have to tune towards the vane's character. The charger responds better with less angle than stock and back pressure is greatly reduced. Tip in back pressures were too high IMO, but I have found that you need to adjust the tables to command about 20% less max vane angle. Sometime even less. Just need to bring the spooling around a bit.

EGTs are a bit strange, They spike then actually go down after the vanes relax. I think it has to do with the Vane angle and backpressure. The lag in the EGT gauge makes it hard to be sure. So I am staying away from EGT claims till I understand that better and can be sure the vanes are helping.

FWIW, they sound mean too. :)

These are available now.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
The vanes are a piece of cake to install. Separate the turbo. Pop out the old ones, drop in the new ones and clamp the turbo back together.

Now doing the turbo R&R is a whole 'nuther story.... :eek: :rofl:

And yes, they do sound mean...:)

kodiak

Sep 25, 2007
Less backpressure??? I am interested! This might go a step toward helping the OH problems of the LLY......You the man Fingers;)

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
hhhmmmmmm i think larrys thinkin what im thinkin, these on a cheetah :D

The turbine is a bit larger on the Cheetah. These come within a mm or two of the stock wheel and might hit the Cheetah wheel. I have an alternate design that should work, but Brayden has not gotten a sample to me so I can fit them properly and check clearances.

If you want me to fit a set of these to your Cheetah, PM me. You will have to send me the turbo.

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
You are getting the ones with slots Ted.

Yeah, I read somewhere else that these were destined for my turbo this week. ;) It will be great when I get it back and it sits in the garage for a month waiting for fundage for the up-pipes/EFI tunes. Stupid trip to the body shop cost me more than I anticipated. I may just set the turbo on my lap and may vrrrm/whistle noises and pretend I'm rippin' it up...:eek:

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Less backpressure??? I am interested! This might go a step toward helping the OH problems of the LLY......You the man Fingers;)

That was the initial intent. I've modified my truck and it's tuning so much, I am not a good test bed any more. So the fact that I have not overheated pulling a 20,000 pound trailer is not conclusive proof IMO. I hope that turns out to be the case though. :)

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
The turbine is a bit larger on the Cheetah. These come within a mm or two of the stock wheel and might hit the Cheetah wheel. I have an alternate design that should work, but Brayden has not gotten a sample to me so I can fit them properly and check clearances.

If you want me to fit a set of these to your Cheetah, PM me. You will have to send me the turbo.

ill let you know when i get one :rofl: i dont have one yet....buy am saving up to get one

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
I'll try to get one together for you to test Jon... Looks good.

I have a question though.. Is there any reason for the leading edge of the vane to be that large? I don't know anything about vane design or why/what makes the best flow. Just asking.

Brayden