LLY: FICM and dead battery?

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Can someone help me understand the relationship between the FICM and the code U0105 "Lost Communication With Fuel Injector Control Module (FICM)" and the dead battery symptom you get?

This morning I went to crank my truck and literally nothing happened when I tried to turn the key over. It wasnt until I hooked my moms vehicle to mine and jumped it off after about 5 minutes that I was able to get it to crank.

This is the first time this happened so I'm not really familiar with the issue. Is this usually a wiring issue? How does the FICM relate to the batteries needing to be jumped off?

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Thanks for the link.

It may very well be a connection issue

This past week after I posted this thread, I went out of town until Sunday and disconnected my battery while I was gone. When I got back Sunday afternoon, I reconnected it and it cranked right up.

Cranked up this morning as well and I drove to work with no issues. However I just went to Walmart to grab a few things during my lunch break. Cranked with no issues and I drove to walmart and went inside. I was inside for about 25 minutes and I came back out and it wouldnt crank, no spin over or anything. Luckily I had a jumper box and was able to jump it and drive back to work. So I guess I really need to check over the harness and everything. I'm still at a loss though. Not really sure where else to look

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Well I was basing this thread off of the U0150 code that was given.

After dealing with it not cranking again yesterday and this morning, I tested the battery on the passenger side and it appears to be dead, so I'm hoping once I get a new one, I will no longer have these issues.

The batter on my drivers side tested fine