FERMANATORS Injector diagnosis?

Brassfield

Jan 14, 2014
West Plains, MO
Curious if there is a link or anything to the techline? I had a short class last week and taught us this similar procedure but on the LB7 the said our ideal calculated fuel rate spec was 4.0 to 6.0mm3. Then there was no provided info for LLY or any other model. I wish I could find this test from GM somewhere

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Subbed, had an lb7 that had new injectors. Fuel rate was 7 at 2600 feet above MSL. Ran perfect, no smoke and great mileage. I would like to learn a little more science of it all.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Curious if there is a link or anything to the techline? I had a short class last week and taught us this similar procedure but on the LB7 the said our ideal calculated fuel rate spec was 4.0 to 6.0mm3. Then there was no provided info for LLY or any other model. I wish I could find this test from GM somewhere
Some scanners seem to show a lower fuel rate than others. I believe the difference is some add the pilot amount to the main injection amount, whereas some only show the main injection amount. I know mine shows right around 7.4-8.1 at idle since I put this set of inejctors in with it set at a 600 idle, if I bump it up to the factory 680 it is dead on in the 8-9Mm3 of fuel range at idle.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
just something for though. Friend works for Utica Truck sales near by and he went out to california to update his certifications for isuzu/duramax all the way up to 2015 and so on. I sent him the thread and he read it over, asked the tech that were teaching the class and they said balance rates are balance rates. But the fuel rate will alter readings, so i guess on both ends of the stick they are both right because most of the guys on here are dealing with tuned trucks and fuel rates will be higher. GM techs are dealing mostly with stock trucks which should have stock fuel rates. Also, even messing with my truck, on my number 5 tune the fuel rate was 18mm3 and when it was not up to operating temp it was around 12mm3. In gear it goes up to 14mm3 when at operating temperature. So if you use the method correctly it does work during specific applications. :thumb: