Fastest L5P

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Lucky! Wish I lived closer to Mike

More Powa!!!
Or could be something as simple as easier cold start:confused:

OP have you noticed how fast the heater works...
Or all the weird solenoid type sounds when you shut it off or even opening the door?
Hell mine actuates what I’m assuming is the vanes on my turbo randomly with the truck off!
Can’t really R&D with a company vehicle lol

Haven't really noticed the heater is hasn't really dropped before 60's for very long. It does make some strange noises that's for sure.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Personally I don't understand modding an electronically controlled engine that can't be tuned.

You can fool the map sensor so the truck makes more boost. How much you actually can before the truck doesn't like it I'm not sure. But if you had a turbo that flowed more air it wouldn't have to choke the veins and it could make quite a bit more power.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
14.86 completely stock, non boosted. Boosted was slower, the damn ECM takes over wether you like it or not. Leave on the 2nd yellow because throttle delay sucks :roflmao:..,, .180’s-.200’s is a normal light.

Last edited:

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
They've always had one. GM had so many problems with electric lift pumps in the 6.2/6.5 that they went with a 1/2" feed line and a gear driven lift pump bolted to the back of the CP3. So they've always had one, it was just part of the CP3.

Ummm. Don't think so. At least not according to the people (Bosch) who designed and manufactured the CP3 pump. They could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Ummm. Don't think so. At least not according to the people (Bosch) who designed and manufactured the CP3 pump. They could be wrong though.

It works as a low pressure suction and a HP feed it just does a terrible job as a suction pump

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Lift pump has its name for a positive pressure supply. The design on a cp3 pump is quite impressive drawing fuel from the tank maintaining vacuum psi factory form. CP4.2 does also on factory pulse and lower mileage, but when turned up a little and supply is ran short, not so much obviously, hence why they added a lift pump to the L5P to eliminate similar problems on they new fuel system design that has not been proven.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
It works as a low pressure suction and a HP feed it just does a terrible job as a suction pump

Exactly. Because it was never intended nor was it designed as one. Bosch specifically called out for a supply pump to pump the fuel from the tank to the CP3 pump inlet in the original design of the fuel system for the Duramax. GM is the one that omitted it.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Alright trans should be running at max pressure now. Noticed slightly better throttle response a little less dead pedal. Not as big of a difference as an LML but worth doing. Installed the AFE scorcher right now and the first setting didn't really feel much just better throttle response. The middle setting was ok. The performance setting defiantly made a difference. Not really sure if it's the 70hp they claim but I feel at least 50hp according to my butt dyno. 4wd launches are fun, might run low 14's. We'll find out when it goes to the track. Still have to install the intake.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
ed0fe3209481b09028a283f4baf976fe.jpg

Well this doesn't seem very promising. Anybody know about the L5P turbine housing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
So when is GM going to give up the private keys for the SHA256? Does Ben know how the infrastructure works on the new ECMs at all?

I'd like a tuned and deleted L5P not a fooled one running like crap lol.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
So when is GM going to give up the private keys for the SHA256? Does Ben know how the infrastructure works on the new ECMs at all?

I'd like a tuned and deleted L5P not a fooled one running like crap lol.

I wouldn't think it'll happen for years. But the AFE module just bumps fuel pressure and boost. Doesn't make it run like crap. No it doesn't add 200hp but it makes the truck fun to drive. It does make the engine a little louder but nothing that bothers me.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I wouldn't think it'll happen for years. But the AFE module just bumps fuel pressure and boost. Doesn't make it run like crap. No it doesn't add 200hp but it makes the truck fun to drive. It does make the engine a little louder but nothing that bothers me.

I think its fine stock lol. But this shenanigans reminds me of the Edge Juice W/Attitude days and the ol bastard stack.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl

How much more fun n to drive? Have you tested any mph gains in a measured distance?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
How much more fun n to drive? Have you tested any mph gains in a measured distance?

Going to the track soon. Truck only has 1300 miles. Hopefully Saturday if it doesn't rain. 4wd launches are cute. Stops pulling in 5th. Feels like low 14's. Beats scion tc's with ease :rofl: