Fass Warranty Question

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
Admin please move if this is not the right area for this post lol.

My question is, is there a list of "authorized dealers" for FASS? I purchased the lift pump from a place called Calvin's here locally in Sulphur, LA and after opening the box I read on the manual that it had to be purchased from a "VIP" or "authorized" dealer to qualify for the warranty. All the FASS website is showing me is VIP dealers :confused: . I emailed the guys at FASS asking whether this purchase qualifies but figured I'd ask this question anyways while I wait on the beginning of the week to get a response from them

TIA

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
They might buy through a distributor like Premier, in which case as long as you have an invoice and sent in your registration card before the deadline, you will be able to file the warranty claim.

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
The shipping label on the box is from a "VIP" distributor in Arkansas called Thunder Diesel. I just bought it on Friday so it's still within the deadline

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
FASS has a pretty strict vendor policy, and I would be surprised if Thunder would sell to anyone not approved by FASS.

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
That's what I figured. I'll just have to wait and see what they say tomorrow. I've still got a halftank to burn through before I install the fass/sump anyways

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
FASS has a pretty strict vendor policy, and I would be surprised if Thunder would sell to anyone not approved by FASS.
Per Spencer at Fass "All parties involved in the sale either has to be the end user or a registered FASS dealer." He also told me that Calvin's did not appear to be an authorized dealer so looks like I'll be returning it and going over to Ppei.

Calvin's hasn't responded to my email asking if they were authorized so I'm hoping they're not gonna hassle me when I go to return it

Edit:
Stopped in and spoke with Phillip at Calvin's and he said they are an authorized dealer and that he would email Fass to see why they don't have them listed. I'll wait a few days and get back with him

Last edited:

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
Final update: I just got confirmation that they are an authorized dealer and have nothing but great things to say about Phillip over at Calvin's. He handled everything great and was very easy to communicate with.

Mods can erase this thread if they'd like.