Exhaust

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
So I'm not sure where to post this so if it's in the wrong spot please move it for me. I'm looking to take my stacks down and go back to a side exit exhaust. So my question is what is a good exhaust. Who I use a muffler or stay free flowing? I am tired of the in cab noise. Is there a muffler that can quiet it down in the cab yet still be loud? Any input will be helpful. Right now I have no cat no muffler dual stacks. Also how big should I go?

DmaxHawk

Ranch with my Salad
Oct 28, 2008
the 575
I like my MBRP and have heard nothing but good things about them. With the muffler, the cab is very enjoyable. There is no exhaust noise in the cab going down the highway. Size is a matter of preference. If you like a deeper sound, go with a 5 inch.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
I have a 4" down pipe back straight pipe from MBRP. Henry from Creatures of the Night Performance hooked me up. I would say it is good and loud sometimes the cab noise is a bit loud at certain speeds, but otherwise it sounds super tough!

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I went from 7" Aussies to a 5" MBRP with a muffler. There is almost no drone on the highway and you can actually talk to the people in the backseat. Sounds pretty good at WOT too.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
IMO 5 inch is over kill unless your running 1000 hp i have a 4 inch magna flow and i like it alot,mbrp is a very good exhaust alsodimond eye is pretty good also and i agree hit henry up and he will take care of you for sure :thumb:

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Not sure of the brand but they are 5 inch turn outs they are approximately 36 inches tall. The way I have them they sit about two inches above the cab. I love them but I am tired of the in can drone

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who went back to regular exhaust...loved the way my 7" single sounded but it was horrible drone in the cab...not to mention a lot of unwanted cop attention..love my 5" MBRP with muffler and won't get rid of it ever again lol

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
So I'm not sure where to post this so if it's in the wrong spot please move it for me. I'm looking to take my stacks down and go back to a side exit exhaust. So my question is what is a good exhaust. Who I use a muffler or stay free flowing? I am tired of the in cab noise. Is there a muffler that can quiet it down in the cab yet still be loud? Any input will be helpful. Right now I have no cat no muffler dual stacks. Also how big should I go?

id say a 5" mbrp :thumb: but for the price a nice 4" single is good to or you could do duals like me i have diamond eye duals nice sound an quiet on the inside :D

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
There's not really any difference in performance until you get up around 1000 hp or more