Exergy Sportsman CP3, openions

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I just had Exergy 60's installed, Dustin tuned my truck for them and says my 200k+ CP3 just wont hold rail anymore. He's got it dialed in but its a little low on HP. I plan to get a new pump and he suggested for a few more bucks I should think about the Exergy Sportsman pump. I don't want to add power down low and risk my bottom end but from what I understand this pump produces stock pressure and flow but doesn't fall off at 3k rpms like a stock pump, it continues to produce fuel until 4500+ rpms. Anyone have any first hand experience with this pump? I'm thinking this would be a good upgrade for my stock bottom end truck.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I bought a lbz sportsman pump from them truck I assume quit losing rail after that cuz it ran way better but don't have a Guage for rail pressure. But it does smoke like a train at 38 psi of hot boost out of my stock turbo at 4200 rpm on my 230 hp tune. So there must be fuel up there still.

Last edited:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
They are probably the best bang for the buck out there. Especially if you run dual pumps. They flow 1.5 times the fuel if a stock pump at 4500 rpms. The stock pump falls off at just over 3000 rpms and doesn't generate any more fueling. I run two on my truck. That is 1.5 times the fuel of the 12 mm stroker pump. If I were money limited it is a great option for someone wanting better parts.

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
Landon, Rachel's works fine. It feeds her 60"s in her biggest tune fine. The LBZ regulator gave Dustin a little fit, but as usual he figured it out. By the way she ran a 7.68 on the brake at the end. She finally figured out how to stage and build boost to leave harder. Those 420's hook as good as my slicks do in her application. They made her run in the right lane only because of the smoke. That pump is supposed to be reliable and I was thinking if we build that engine I can add another stock LBZ pump.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Sounds like this pump is exactly what I need. I've told myself time and time again that I would leave my fuel system stock but from what I'm hearing it adds nothing down low in the rpms where the bottom end takes a beating. The price is just too close to the price of a stock pump to pass up also.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Landon, Rachel's works fine. It feeds her 60"s in her biggest tune fine. The LBZ regulator gave Dustin a little fit, but as usual he figured it out. By the way she ran a 7.68 on the brake at the end. She finally figured out how to stage and build boost to leave harder. Those 420's hook as good as my slicks do in her application. They made her run in the right lane only because of the smoke. That pump is supposed to be reliable and I was thinking if we build that engine I can add another stock LBZ pump.
That's moving for no more than she has done to that truck. Is she still running a stock charger?

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
I purchased an exergy 10mm pump for the lmm. I haven't got it yet so it's not installed. They claim to support in excess of 800 hp with right air and injectors. I am excited to try and push 700hp with my combo.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I bought it cuz price wasn't to much more than stock. Plus it sounds cooler than saying I have a stock lbz pump.
Exergy sportsman lbz pump;) lol can't wait to feel my top end with my TCT 475 and that pump