Epr Precision 67mm installed

zebiraross

Nypex
Oct 15, 2011
Utah
Well got the install all buttoned up. It was my first dmax install and was harder then I anticipated. Mainly trying to break free the dp and up pipe bolts. I ended up using the trucks jack pressing down on the bolts to break them free. Man things are tight to work on back there.

The install was much easier. Everything in the kit fit well except the passenger side intercooler pipes. I think it was made for a aftermarket y bridge so I had to order a 45 silicone bend to make it work. Only reason I didn't re-use the stock passenger side intercooler pipe is the copper plating I used doesn't work with aluminum I was told. Small issue, as everything else fit extremely well. I took my time as this isn't a daily driver and was happy when I first fired it up there were no leaks or any other issues.

Its premature to give opinions on performance because Im still running the edge j/a with AD II. I'm only able to hit 30 psi. Im going to get Trents tuning and I assume with the right tuning my boost will go up? If anyone could answer that question for me I would appreciate it. I will say with the limited tuning it rips! I use to see 1250 our so with my edge at stage 5. Right now it doesn't break 950. Throttle response is awesome, and one of the main reasons I got this specific turbo/kit. Not as responsive as the stocker but I was plesantly suprised with how responsive it is with a 67mm turbo. The sound is as-advertised. The whistle is awesome. I don't see myself turnin g on the radio anytime soon. I still have a magnaflow muffler I'm considering taking out for a straight pipe. Wondering if this will amplify the turbo sound? If it will its coming off, if not I'll keep it on. If anyone has insight to that question it would be appreciated.

All in all I'm super happy, sure I'll be happier once its tuned. Only thing left to do is polish the compressor housing.

IMG_20121013_124649.jpg

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I don't think you will hear the turbo all that much more without the muffler, I'd leave it on.

I think the copper coating looks good, and very unique. Remember to post a photo once you polish the compressor housing!

zebiraross

Nypex
Oct 15, 2011
Utah
Thanks guys, I really like how the copper coating turned out. Guess ill leave the muffler on. Its not a cali truck. I'll for sure get some pictures when the compressor cover is polished.

Since I'm a relative newby with diesel tuning is it true that boost will go up with the proper tuning?

RedHotGMC

stock
Jan 16, 2012
Northern Utah
Looks good, I think the copper coating is sharp and its not something you see too often. Even going from efi tuning with a stock turbo from edge it was a night and day difference and Im positive youll like the new tuning a lot more.

Atouchofgrass

Jun 19, 2010
CT
Looks great man, im actually installing my turbo as well! And what do you know i did the same coating haha :thumb: Gotta get some more pictures!

Last edited: