LBZ: Emissions time...

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Have to go through emissions on Monday.

Hopefully they dont know what an EGR is or that its missing!!!

On the DroidX

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I heard they do an under hood inspection too. But how educated on diesels are they? I bet 50% of duramax owners dont even know where the EGR is or that they have one. We'll see what happens Monday.

On the DroidX

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
I took mine through a couple weeks ago running a 500hp tune and passed. Granted my truck didn't come with a cat or an egr. I've also had it tested twice in the past with no muffler.

dmax lb7

EFI Ignorant
Feb 21, 2008
Rohnert Park Nor-Cal
How did he check for your plate? x-ray vision :rofl:

Most plates I've seen, at least for the lb7's have a little piece sticking up for you to hold onto to put it in or take it out. That is what he was looking for, all visual check. As thorough as he was, he never bothered to look under the truck for the cat.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Here in vegas they look at the cat and the pcv.... not once have they checked or bothered asking about egr.....wtf:confused:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I got bitched at for no egr or cat. After having to show the retared and his boss that federal emissioned trucks do not come factory that way, lo and behold i passed. Oh and my opacity was 20% on a race tune. I only pushed the throttle just enough to hit 4k (nuetral rev limiter) so it never smoked. Cant wait to see what they say with the twins on it next year

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
Up here its just safety stuff, lights and brakes etc. They hook up to the OBDII port and just check from and SES lights. If you dont have any, good to go.

FullSpec

Served cold.
Apr 6, 2009
well here where i live I had to put my cat and whole egr system back on, and man did that take some time. After I passed, I took it off, the loss in fuel mileage for that ordeal was catastrophic

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Glad they don't do emissions here in MN. You have to have a muffler though. I spent 20 minutes on the side of the highway 4th of July with a state trooper as she combed over my truck. Bumper height... had to get out and show her where the muffler was on my 5" MBRP exhaust... if only she could see what the inside looks like :rofl: She didn't pick up on the windshield tint or no front plate though somehow.

:happy2: