efi tune

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
not sure if this is the right place,if not mods please move.today i bought a built tranny for my 06 and although i plan to keep turbo and cp3 stock i am interested in an efi tune but kind of want to be able to tweak on it my self.does anyone sell a race tune that is tweakable or are they pretty much locked once set out.please excuse my ignorance i know nothing about efi...

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
Most tuners will send you a race tune or any other tune to help you get started when you buy EFI from them. You will be able to tweak this as you see fit. You can also get tunes from the library on here and other sites. Duramaxtuner also has a library of tunes that you can subscribe to for a fee.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Pats tune is not locked and will get you fairly deep into the 12's no problem:D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
My tunes are made on the "honor system" and so far it has worked out pretty well. They aren't for resale, I write it for your truck. I leave them unlocked simply because I expect you to tweak on them for your own use. But right out of the box, the tunes are pretty powerful. Many have run them into the 12's with basic supporting mods, like exhaust, liftpump, trans upgrade, tierod sleeves, etc.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Jess, give me a call. I owe you and your brother big time for the help with the duraflite. I'd be happy to get your truck running like you want it too for no charge.

Hopefully this is not stepping on any toes:eek:

Rob 208-484-3670 or [email protected]

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Jess, give me a call. I owe you and your brother big time for the help with the duraflite. I'd be happy to get your truck running like you want it too for no charge.

Helluvan offer I'd say!:)

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
You can get in touch with Dustin (othrgrl) also. He can get you set up with a real good tune and help tweak it over the phone if you have any questions about it.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I already have Buck setup with EFI Live on his LBZ and would be happy to show you guys how to script those tunes over to your LBZ and get you any other tunes you need. Buck should still have a blank license on his EFI Live box that we can use on your truck too.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

Folk, please have a little respect for the paying vendors on this board. You'd get mad if others did that to you on boards you pay to advertise on, so just go by the golden rule.

There are at least 100 members on this site who sell diesel stuff. If they all spammed the board, it would be nothing but a junkmail site.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Folk, please have a little respect for the paying vendors on this board. You'd get mad if others did that to you on boards you pay to advertise on, so just go by the golden rule.

There are at least 100 members on this site who sell diesel stuff. If they all spammed the board, it would be nothing but a junkmail site.

How is helping another member out for no charge stepping on a vendors toes?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

You will notice he didn't handle it through PM's, that wasn't accidental, Rob is not new to the internet. Also notice that OtherGirl is already working with them.

Basically, it was a "billboard" post with contact info and zero tech.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
You will notice he didn't handle it through PM's, that wasn't accidental, Rob is not new to the internet. Also notice that OtherGirl is already working with them.

Basically, it was a "billboard" post with contact info and zero tech.

Sorry Pat you are right.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
not sure if this is the right place,if not mods please move.today i bought a built tranny for my 06 and although i plan to keep turbo and cp3 stock i am interested in an efi tune but kind of want to be able to tweak on it my self.does anyone sell a race tune that is tweakable or are they pretty much locked once set out.please excuse my ignorance i know nothing about efi...

Some sell a free race tune with a purchase of efi from them and others get you a good tune to get started with. Not sure if your wanting just a tune or the efi setup and tune.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

Another thought. Were you a mod on TDP when I signed up as a vendor?

I sent Nicky and Chadwick a bunch of money for advertising fees, then I made my first "sale post":

Me: "I'll tune your ABS computer for huge tires for $75."
Nicky: "I'll do it for free!! (uh, I don't know how though)"
Chadwick: "Only a criminal would charge anyone for working on their truck!!!"
Me: "Uh, I paid $4500 for my Tech2, and the annual subscription is $1200, I think $75 is pretty fair."
Nicky: "You are full of it! I bought a Tech2 for $2000 (who cares if it's hot) and I just bootleg subscription updates. Nobody is stupid enough to be honest!"

:D

This board ain't doing that. It's one thing to allow other shops to be mentioned, which we do permit. It's another thing to try and pull the rug out from under someone deliberately and publically.

I know Jess ain't buying EFILive from me or tuning. He's already asked me about EFILive tuning. As a vendor, I put a post in here publically answering the question as it pertains to my tuning for the other readers.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
before this goes too far off topic, I think Rob was just saying he owed him and that was a good opportunity to make up for it, I dont think he was really trying to hurt someones tuning sales over it....Yes PM would have been better though...

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
No sorry Pat, I was lucky enough to be a mod for a few months right before the sellout took place. I didn't buy my first dmax until 2007, so I missed out on the first years of the dp.com.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I'll not make this mistake again. I'm not trying to go around vender rules and have never tried too on any site. Just thought an offer to help someone that I met last week and helped me, was a nice friendly jesture.

Pat, you are mistaken about me if you think I had other motives. I didn't realize someone was all ready tuning for Jess.

Just wanted to help a friend, I made a mistake by not using a PM.

Good bye

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
McRat;177575 I know Jess ain't buying EFILive from me or tuning. He's already asked me about EFILive tuning. As a vendor said:
Pat i did contact you about some tuning for another persons truck.i passed that info onto the person that wanted the information.at the time i had no dog in the hunt so to spak when it came to needing some tunes.as far as my post i was not looking to cause trouble.i have never really paid much attention to the efi threads because when i drove a chevy i used TTS tuning and didnt have a need for it.as far as Diesel Addiction,Buck is happy with thier tuning,however i was simply looking for info on what is out there,and since this is supposed to be the site as far as efi tuning info i posed my ? here.i should have thought of the politics that could come into play but i didnt.Rob thanks for the offer and Dustin i will contact you personally before i make any final decisions.Pat id be glad to contact you as well before i make a final decision but i got a vibe that you really didnt feal comfortable selling me or anyone i was helping an efi live tune.thanks for the info on this thread.and thanks to those that took the time to pm me with tips and suggestions...