EFI Live Tuning Library on Facebook - scam/goof

Status
Not open for further replies.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Whoever he is, he posted up a stock LML delete file that simply has controllers turned off. He clearly has no knowledge of LML tuning (nor probably any other platform) and is fishing for tunes instead of learning the hard way or paying someone.

Of course, when I called him out on this, I was kicked and banned. I would encourage someone else to visit this page and shut it down before his bad software causes someone a lot of headaches.

https://www.facebook.com/efilivetuninglibrary?ref=ts&fref=ts

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sounds like that guy whose first post here was the tune he wanted members to "test" for him.

Theres a reason many of us only recommend certain tuners...its b/c they actually know what they're doing.

e46_330i

Jun 26, 2013
Youngsville, NC
What's the difference between that, and the library here? And on DP? I'm confused.. It clearly says share tunes you haven't paid for..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thefastkidonayamaha

Feb 13, 2014
Hopefully I can clear some stuff up. It's been a while sense I have been on here. The tune library is not a scam or a goof. After having many people ask on the facebook pages where to get a stock tune file I created a place for easy access to get stock files. I have purchased tuning from Kory and Rob and the library says do not share or send in any files you have paid for or are not allowed to share. After discussing it with a few reputable people we decided that we would create a modified section which is for use at your own risk. The LML delete file has been tested on a few trucks (a DPC participant is tuning his truck same way) with no issues. Rather than spilling the beans on how to get the delete options avaliable I posted a file with the delete options already enabled. If you cal flash the file it will ONLY make changes to the tables Efilive gives you access to. It does not change the base operating system. Do you know anyone else giving away or even selling a unlocked stock delete file? You were banned for acting like a ass and making false accusations, not because you didn't think it will work.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Well had you not deleted the conversation you could have screenshot it and posted it, however, you didn't, instead of answering my doubts, you deleted and banned me, exactly as I predicted in my first post.

Also "After discussing it with a few reputable people we decided that we would create a modified section which is for use at your own risk." No "reputable" tuner would want any info released.

Second of all you stated it was not tested, but conveniently deleted that as well.

Awesome credibility as well, brand new account with one post. Sounds legit.

You're fishing for tunes.

As far as e46_330i's question, it's not different, the reason I took exception was him stating it was tested when with one quick look at the file I could tell it was not.

I downloaded it and can gladly post it up here if someone with more knowledge than me wants to critique it. But again, I would not expect any reputable tuner to divulge information.

Oh and one more thing, I'm not the greatest EFI Live expert, but I am pretty sure you can't cal flash over a different operating system as you stated.

Last edited:

thefastkidonayamaha

Feb 13, 2014
I never said it was a tuner who I talked too... Frankly your the only person who has had a problem with it...... I looked at your recent post and you don't have any idea what your talking about. You can't reprogram a tire size over 34.25" without a Tech 2 to reprogram the abs, and have fun running 8 altos in the C2 brah

thefastkidonayamaha

Feb 13, 2014
Ok Jeff Martel. You got me. I made a grammatical error. I'm a sophomore taking Petroleum Engineering. You Canadians must be pretty smart eh?:roflmao:

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
You made the same mistake more than once.

It's time to grow up kid. I called you out with legitimate questions & you have failed to answer any of them. Instead of providing answers, you resort to your childish attempts at making me look bad and in turn only make yourself look stupid. The inability to recognize sarcasm was the funniest.

Just answer the questions posed with legitimate answers.

So far you have lied & deflected, you should reconsider petroleum engineering and pursue politics instead.

Can a mod please lock or delete this crap before it turns into on of those other forums?

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
A place to get untouched stock os, cool. But to try a free tune to me is playing with fire. It's free for a reason. I have a year off and on messing with my lb7, I have some good running tunes and I have some good economy tunes as well and there is no way with how much time I have in them I would even think of giving them away. Sure I can make yah something that'll probably run like garbage in about 20 minutes but I wouldn't run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.