Efi live speedometer calibration

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
I bought a truck a few months ago with efi live with dsp5 switch. I just got pulled over for 70 in a 60 and speedometer was reading 65. What are my options to recalibrate it? Can i recalibrate with a edge insight cts and get rid of dsp5 switch? Or do i need to get efi live completely redone? Thanks.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
You'll need to contact your tuner and have them change the tune. It's literally a 30 second change and needs reflashed afterwards

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
Thats the problem idk who tuned it... the truck had it when i bought it and it was from a stealership and they wouldnt contact the previous owner to find out who tuned it.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Well that sucks. That's the only way to alter the speedo on the cluster. An Insight CTS can account for the tire size but only on the Insight monitor, not the cluster

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Contact a few of the bigger tuners with the Vin number of the truck. There is a fair chance you might find the person that tuned it. They probably did a package deal with the insight and tuning.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
Contact a few of the bigger tuners with the Vin number of the truck. There is a fair chance you might find the person that tuned it. They probably did a package deal with the insight and tuning.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I don't have the insight now. But i want it

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Don't know what they're going to charge. Probably better off finding someone with a tech2 close by

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Get a gps and verify 1st how far off it is 1st. If its off, take the gps and your truck to the dealer you bought it from and show them, then demand they fix it.

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
Get a gps and verify 1st how far off it is 1st. If its off, take the gps and your truck to the dealer you bought it from and show them, then demand they fix it.
Thought about that. Idk how good that would go over though. They are a bunch of crooks

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
That's good!

Do you have any of those stand alone speed things that tell you to slow down? If so drive by one a few times, set your cruise control. If it's by a school I'd recommend not driving back and forth!

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
That's good!

Do you have any of those stand alone speed things that tell you to slow down? If so drive by one a few times, set your cruise control. If it's by a school I'd recommend not driving back and forth!

Nah they dnt use them here in southern indiana. Lol