EFI Live question

Barlow

Barlow
Apr 19, 2009
Mississippi
OK so im seeing alot about the efi live... i have good knowledge on programmers but i have never heard of this one. What are the power and torque gains from this over bully dog etc...

Dec 2, 2006
TN
There's no set amount. With EFI you write you own power (tunes). So, if the truck can handle it, you could right a 500HP tune, or a 1200HP tune, or a 50HP tune, and so on. :)

Basically, you have the same tool as Bullydog, but you create your own tunes instead of Bullydog doing it for you.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
well most of us would rather go to the drag strip than get on a dyno. we take the numbers that we run along with the weight of the truck to figure out the hp of the truck. there are alot of people out there that have 550+ hp dyno trucks but when theyy go to the track they only run high 13's maybe 14's. i would rather have my truck run mid to low 12's then dyno really high. at the track is where you find out how much usable power you have

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
well most of us would rather go to the drag strip than get on a dyno. we take the numbers that we run along with the weight of the truck to figure out the hp of the truck. there are alot of people out there that have 550+ hp dyno trucks but when theyy go to the track they only run high 13's maybe 14's. i would rather have my truck run mid to low 12's then dyno really high. at the track is where you find out how much usable power you have

I agree completely. If you buy EFI Live from Pat(McRat) he will give you a free race tune capable of 500hp to the rear wheels... but then comes a built transmission, shimmed rail, lift pump, gauges, and 12 second ET's

Dec 2, 2006
TN
can you buy efi live from pat mcrat as a programmer thats plug in ready with a staged setup like 1-4 power levels etc...

What year is your truck?

If it's a 05 or older you can have switch in the dash to select between 5 tunes.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
no other programmer with the exception to hp tuners which still isnt as good. arent even in the same ballpark. this isnt something that is a simple plug and play type thing. once you get it setup the way you want then it will be easier. best thing in your favor is that you have an lb7 so you can do a dsp. and the fact that you have a forum full of the best tuners in the country that are always willing to help

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
hey beech33 what is a dsp.

ok, DSP is a Switch that is mounted inside the cab usually on the A Pillar or on the dash. It plugs into your ECM and allows you to switch between 5 tunes that is called a DSP-5 there is also a DSP-2 which does the same as the DSP-5 but limits you to 2 switchable tunes.

Edit: EFI Live is required to utilize this

Last edited:

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
dsp is a switch that you wire in to the ecm ( very easy to do) that lets you load 2 tunes on a dsp2 and 5 tunes dsp5 switches. that way you can have a stock tune, tow tune, smoke tune, race tune. what ever way you want to set it up. you are in a special group to be able to have dsp. it only work on lb7's and lly's :D