EFI Live along with another programmer to correct speedo?

9W3-HD

Just another Duramax dude
May 29, 2009
Fort Collins COLORADO
Would it be possable to reprogram the speedo for bigger tires with another programmer like hypertech if your running an EFI Live tune already?
Just curious.. Nick told me EFI Live was known for tire size calc inaccuracy.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
yes I would just keep playing with EFI Line and use a GPS till it is right on I had to do that to my friends 4.8L 1500 took about 45mins to get it right but now it is right on well till the rubber gets burned off then it will be out a bit...:angel:

9W3-HD

May 29, 2009
Fort Collins COLORADO
thanks for the reply's Im really new to EFI, still leaning so bear with me. The tire size calculator is the easiest way to accurately adjust the speedo? I didn't see my actuall tire size on there so what you would just choose the closest one?

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
can you make adjustments with just the flashscan or do you need the labtop plugged in also?

You'll need to make the modification to your tune in EFILive.

Open the tune you want to change the tire size in > Speedometer > Parameters > (up in the upper left corner of your window is the "Tire Calculator" click on that > Speedo Calculator > Then enter your tire size at the top in millimeters, sidewall percentage, and rim size > Apply > Close

:hug:

Last edited:

9W3-HD

May 29, 2009
Fort Collins COLORADO
You'll need to make the modification to your tune in EFILive.

Open the tune you want to change the tire size in > Speedometer > Parameters > (up in the upper left corner of your window is the "Tire Calculator" click on that > Speedo Calculator > Then enter your tire size at the top in millimeters, sidewall percentage, and rim size > Apply > Close

:hug:

and then do another flash for it to be corrected?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
measure tire height and do the math. Apply to your tune.

EFI Live ha no issues with doing it. The calc. program built into has issues sometimes, but if you do the math yourself it will be perfect. No need to ride around with a gps flashing tunes in all day.