LB7: edge programming help

mcclaryl1

May 20, 2015
i have a 2002 duramax. i recently bought a edge evolution cs programmer and it will not program my truck. the guy before me had a bully dog on it and told me he set the truck back to stock. when i try programming my edge it comes up on the screen Vehicle response error: Invalid Key. Seed:df5d Key: b266. i have talked to edge products and they said download fusion on the device to see if they messed something up. still the same error. edge then told me to plug my device in to the my computer in the house and connect to fusion and they'll then look at my device tell me whats going on. they couldn't help me. they said have my computer flashed and so I took it to gm and they said the computer is already stock and didn't flash it. so I called edge back and they said bully dog vinlocks computers and that the dealer wouldn't detect it. I called gm back to have them flash my truck anyway and they said they cant flash my computer when its already stock it wont give them the option to. help me this programmer was 500$ and all its good for now is a monitor on the dash. I went to a local mechanic and he told me since his gm scanner works on my truck it is not vinlocked. the truck has after market remote start and I tried programming with that all unhooked. unplugged batteries an then tried again. my only option now is this and a guy a hr away from me that seems to be a good programmer. thanks to any help

mcclaryl1

May 20, 2015
Also my truck won't start today. It fires up and shuts back down instantly. I had a guy come out with a scanner couldn't figure it out so I had him take out the remote start because who ever put it in had it rigged terrible and we thought it could of been the reason which wasn't. I don't care bout the remote start I just want my truck to run and get the edge working. We think it may be a security code for the reason it won't start. I had a guy last night clear all my codes and I started it up fine. And drove home parked it and today after work it wouldn't start. Please any info may help thanks to any help

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
If it starts and died instantly it's probably in security.. You need to do the relearn..

Google security relearn for your truck. There should be something on there to walk you through the steps. It's something like start truck and when it dies leave key on until security light goes back off then shut off key for 5-10 sec and repeat. It's usually about 10 minutes from when it does to when the light goes back off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meatball1010

Jul 18, 2016
AZ
I just had a remote start added to my 04 lly and my edge programmer wont let me change settings. I even put a toggle switch from the obd purple wire and still get feed back saying cant detect if the key is in the on postion what can I do?