East coast diesel nationals! "Never make that trip again !"

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
So I was wondering about what everyone else that went thought about the event. I was utterly disappointed to say the least. Minimal vendors, seemed a bit boring and wtf is up with the shitty payouts?? Three dozen vendors and all they can cough up is 100 dollars for fifth place? Give me a break. What a joke. 2500 for first and 100 for fifth? Not even worth backing my truck from the garage. And don't get me started on the necessity to place 40 vendor stickers on your vehicle to get paid.
It was not all bad though. I was very impressed with the job the track guys did with prepping the track. It was not the best track, but they did a fantastic job with what they had to start from. Hats off to them! Only thing I suggest next time is to roll after every pull. In my opinion this is a must. I also was able to meet a lot of cool people from across the area. Everyone was really nice and it was cool to put a face with the name. Let's hear what everyone else thought?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
The way they prepped for racing was downright scary. They kept letting the same two trucks that were leaking diesel and ATF make pass after pass without stopping them or cleaning up after them. The amount of diesel there was at the lights when the truck I went with broke a output shaft was ridiculous and dangerous. They thought his truck was leaking when it broke but it never dripped a drop it was the mess from the previous truck.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I didn't know you were there Evan! We had the car there so I was kind of incognito.

I don't go there for the event. Racing there is a joke. It's more like a tradition to go hang out with friends and go to Knoebles. It's a shame because that track and the surrounding area is beautiful. The turnout really has dropped off in the last two years.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I didn't know you were there Evan! We had the car there so I was kind of incognito.

I don't go there for the event. Racing there is a joke. It's more like a tradition to go hang out with friends and go to Knoebles. It's a shame because that track and the surrounding area is beautiful. The turnout really has dropped off in the last two years.

I was with guys from Hollyrock Customs. After last year I'm surprised they had any turn out at all.

MD_Max

Need More LLY's
May 2, 2014
I was super disappointed with the racing. I just went to watch this time. I have ran with most of the guys there pulling, so if I knew that I wouldn't have went. I did love to see that nova though.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Lots better than last year! Track crew needs some instruction still. Poor Dustin Harrison was opening hook of 2.6, after which they started to roll track for first time since 2.5 had started. I was happy with the day.
Payouts are good to first couple, that's about it. 1st place was $2500 for 2.6, and 1000 for 2nd. THey paid back to tenth.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
the only thing that kinda pissed me of was half way through 2.6 they started rolling sections of the track....

Yeah as i said prep was good for the shape it was in prior to start. But maintenance during the pull needed some direction. And like i said the turnout will not improve with payouts like that. Im out next year. Could of made much more money locally. But nice meeting you Rich.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
Lots better than last year! Track crew needs some instruction still. Poor Dustin Harrison was opening hook of 2.6, after which they started to roll track for first time since 2.5 had started. I was happy with the day.
Payouts are good to first couple, that's about it. 1st place was $2500 for 2.6, and 1000 for 2nd. THey paid back to tenth.

I thought it was super strange he kept that hook...

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
Yeah as i said prep was good for the shape it was in prior to start. But maintenance during the pull needed some direction. And like i said the turnout will not improve with payouts like that. Im out next year. Could of made much more money locally. But nice meeting you Rich.
same to you hopefully get to pull with you again in the near future!

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
I had a good time it was my first time going there and can't complain took a 3rd in 2.5 and 7th on workstock with having a little issue. I'm thinking I'll probably go back if Forrester is doing the track prep again but yes I agree they should be rolling it in between trucks not when they feel like it.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I thought it was super strange he kept that hook...

Dustin said he had enough hooks on it already, didn't wanna hurt it anymore. Unfortunately, couple hours later the driveline let loose on him at Lycoming Co. He figured he was due for it.

Nice meeting you too Rich. Your truck's running well.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
Dustin said he had enough hooks on it already, didn't wanna hurt it anymore. Unfortunately, couple hours later the driveline let loose on him at Lycoming Co. He figured he was due for it.

Nice meeting you too Rich. Your truck's running well.

thanks same to you and caleb...I think I need to lose the 4:88's to try and get some ground speed outa it!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Rich, what injectors are you running now? That was the cleanest running truck in the class! The ol' girl is looking good though! :thumb:

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
Rich, what injectors are you running now? That was the cleanest running truck in the class! The ol' girl is looking good though! :thumb:

Still running the 100's with stock pumps ran outa money building the motor I had every intention to add fuel ah well and thanks Mitch just want it to be up there closer to those guys!

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
So I was wondering about what everyone else that went thought about the event. I was utterly disappointed to say the least. Minimal vendors, seemed a bit boring and wtf is up with the shitty payouts?? Three dozen vendors and all they can cough up is 100 dollars for fifth place? Give me a break. What a joke. 2500 for first and 100 for fifth? Not even worth backing my truck from the garage. And don't get me started on the necessity to place 40 vendor stickers on your vehicle to get paid.
It was not all bad though. I was very impressed with the job the track guys did with prepping the track. It was not the best track, but they did a fantastic job with what they had to start from. Hats off to them! Only thing I suggest next time is to roll after every pull. In my opinion this is a must. I also was able to meet a lot of cool people from across the area. Everyone was really nice and it was cool to put a face with the name. Let's hear what everyone else thought?

Do a search on google for NADM, or dieselmotorsports there going down hill very fast ^^^ the above reasons are exactly why.