dyno questions

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i am looking to get the truck on a dyno, any one know a good shop in slc ut, a local shop ( gillet diesel ) has a dyno but it is a mustang dyno i have heard that they are not acurate but have know personal experience , any sugestion on what type of dyno and or what to look for to see that the run is done correctly, all i want is acurate readings :)

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
I've been to Gillette a time or two to do some dyno testing. Haven't dyno'd much myself but from what I've seen, it's a pretty tough dyno to make horsepower on, but thats relative really... It tells you if your going the right direction or not with your tunage. Then hit a dynojet when you wanna make big HP claims i guess ;)

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
I've been to Gillette a time or two to do some dyno testing. Haven't dyno'd much myself but from what I've seen, it's a pretty tough dyno to make horsepower on, but thats relative really... It tells you if your going the right direction or not with your tunage. Then hit a dynojet when you wanna make big HP claims i guess ;)

And then a SuperFlow when you want the real numbers;):baby:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Id say start with some base line numbers then make more pulls on SAME dyno and relatively same conditions.

I think most dyno #'s don't mean shit.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
ya i wanted to flash back to stock do a run , then try my race tune and my tow tune to get a comparison thanks for the inputmi'll have to give it a run, i'm freinds with matt at gillet i'm hoping to get a good deal on some dyno time:D , i'm heading to the strip friday so that will help to compair they're dyno #'s with my time slip , the time slip tells all

Last edited: