Dyno Day in Edmonton

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
If anyone on this website is in the Edmonton, Alberta area March 8th, I heard there is a dyno day being sponsored by NADP. My truck should be between the hospital and the bodyshop during that day so I plan to attend just to see what the POS will do for numbers.

COLDLBZ, you coming??

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I don't work on March 8th, so I should be able to make it. I get screwed pretty good this year for car shows and the blackout, work probably 98% of them. So it will be nice to make it to this one anyway. Is it at NADP? What's the address, I have never been there. Hell, maybe I'll even grow a pair and dyno my truck.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Um check their website under events. It has the address. It's not at their shop. Not sure if Pat wants competition forum sponsored stuff posted here so I won't post a link. I miss the AAB too as well as the ATPA pull that is supposed to happen that weekend. Sounded like NHRDA might be sanctioning it this year too! Oh well.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Hey I gotta question for you guys. Should I do my dyno run with my 35" MT's on or should I throw the stock 245 steelie's on that my buddy has kicking around-just for the run on the rollers?

If I do, will changing the tire sizes just for the dyno run affect how my truck performs? I wouldn't think so as it is a single gear run right?-as in no shifting. Also what gear do you guys usually do your runs in??

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I'm not sure, but I think your 245's will give you a better number, and I think most guys dyno their trucks in 4th which is a 1:1 ratio. Correct me if I'm wrong.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
It's got some cool flames though. And sounds awesome when it blows one of it's twin turbo's every weekend!! Pretty sweet to watch run though-losing traction when shifting into 3rd is always cool to watch!!

Ya Ted I got the same sort of response when I talked to NADP about getting some stuff done with my truck. I asked what I would need to get into the 12's and they said another $15,000 and trade my truck in on a Dodge. I didn't think that was too funny.

mplteddy

Jul 10, 2007
Central Alberta...
www.mplmotorsports.ca
It's got some cool flames though. And sounds awesome when it blows one of it's twin turbo's every weekend!! Pretty sweet to watch run though-losing traction when shifting into 3rd is always cool to watch!!

Ya Ted I got the same sort of response when I talked to NADP about getting some stuff done with my truck. I asked what I would need to get into the 12's and they said another $15,000 and trade my truck in on a Dodge. I didn't think that was too funny.

:rofl: I'm not laughing at you Dale.....just them. They've done some great stuff, don't get me wrong....I'd just like to show where to stick that ram's head once and a while:D.