Duramax Street Rod

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Figured I'd give you guys a quick peek at the project I've got going. Stock Duramax, parallel twins, 4l80, Jones quick change rearend, 4-link front and rear. Still mocking up, waiting on front wheels and coilovers to build a chassis then it should really get moving. Shooting for >2500lbs with me in it. Cab is all aluminum Freightliner chopped 7", narrowed 14". Gonna be mainly a streeter with some occasional drag strip duty. Looking to hit a few events next year including Hot Rod Drag Week. Enjoy.

PS Sorry for the messy shop, been a bit of a thrash lately. :eek:

photo.jpg

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I dont know about that wood frame. Might not be able to handle the torque. :)

Crazy projects are what makes the world go around. :thumb: Good luck with it Levi.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Thats going to be sweet, but I got to say it a Shitliner?

Not the best truck but the best looking cab I could find. I'm a big fan of the split front window. :)

I dont know about that wood frame. Might not be able to handle the torque. :)

Crazy projects are what makes the world go around. :thumb: Good luck with it Levi.

Thanks Tom. :rofl: Wondered who was going to comment on the lumber. Gotta mock up with something. :D Especially on this baby budget.
More pictures! What year cab?:thumb:

I'm honestly not sure what year it is, I've never researched it. It used to be a Consolidated Freight truck before they went out of business. It was a freebie and had the right look so I jumped on it. I'll try and post more pics as it progresses.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thanks Tom. :rofl: Wondered who was going to comment on the lumber. Gotta mock up with something. :D Especially on this baby budget.

Totally understand all that. When I have an idea, I do most of my mockups in wood, too. I like LoBudget! :rofl:

Just some advice, you might want to use Oak or Hickory for the finished product. That pine wont handle the stress very well. :rofl:

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Frame is all tacked up, 4-link is in. Need to build front crossmember/coilover mounts and mount the front 4-bar then finish weld all of it. Coming along slowly.

photo-1.jpg

redneck191218

Jun 20, 2010
Love the wide five rims and the split window. you will have to be careful with the quick change when you launch even as light as you are