Duramax race van project

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
josh, grow a mustache, put some 70s shorts on and paint "free candy" on the side for the race. :rofl:

thats pretty damn awesome! id love to see that thing win it!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Lol thats awesome Josh.

Any plans to make it look a bit prettier.....maybe chop the top and paint it flat black.
No way! Right now we're calling it the dumpster because it is so hammered and ugly.

josh, grow a mustache, put some 70s shorts on and paint "free candy" on the side for the race. :rofl:

thats pretty damn awesome! id love to see that thing win it!

Already got the mustache :thumb:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Power by bottle, right?

Whatcha doing to the trans?

Projected race weight?

What fuel mods? Injectors? Dual cp3? Big single? All stock?

Just curious. It's cool as heck!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Power by bottle, right? Yes

Whatcha doing to the trans? Lots of billet parts, new clutches, and valve body/hydraulic modifications. It's getting built by someone local who builds a lot of high performance 4L80Es.

Projected race weight? I'm hoping to have it down around 5500 lbs at race weight with driver.

What fuel mods? Injectors? Dual cp3? Big single? All stock? Lift pump and fuel cell will be the only fuel mods. Turbo will be stock.

Just curious. It's cool as heck! Thanks

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
When I first clicked on this thread I said to myself "I bet James is gonna be the first guy to see this thread and respond". :D

I heard a rumor this was in the works and it been all I could do NOT to post threads asking for more info:joker:

Where/when is the first race going to be?

doubt it would happen, but I'd love to be there:D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was hoping that exhaust was an intermediate pipe running to a monster turbo handing out up front :D
I wish, but I think for now, we'll have to settle for a turbo in a bottle.
I heard a rumor this was in the works and it been all I could do NOT to post threads asking for more info:joker:

Where/when is the first race going to be?

doubt it would happen, but I'd love to be there:D
It will most likely make it's maiden voyage down the track on April 13th in Ennis at the test and tune on the Friday before the NHRDA race on the 14th at the same track. Not much time to get everything ironed out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works as planned.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
This van will get a great reaction from people. I can just see jaws dropping and tons of YouTube hits to see "street fighter service van kill" don't paint the mother, don't do a damn thing! The humiliation will be that much more severe!