Duck the MANN or throw in the towel?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I would like the whole setup, crew short. Turbo flange to tail pipe. Ive got a 5” on it with resonator and would love to go back to stock.

Yes I’m getting old and yea I don’t want to be part of the diesel rice scene
I have seen one for sale near me that I was thinking about picking up. But I was mainly interested in the cat portion of it. The cat back appears all stock and un cut from what I can see. The cats have been discontinued from GM and its been a shit show looking for replacements....

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
....and here last year you guys gave me crap about wanting to put my stock exhaust back on my truck....:LOL:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I have seen one for sale near me that I was thinking about picking up. But I was mainly interested in the cat portion of it. The cat back appears all stock and un cut from what I can see. The cats have been discontinued from GM and its been a shit show looking for replacements....

What sucks is I scrapped a mint stock exhaust setup earlier this year because I had decided I didn’t want to deal with diesels anymore and was going to sell my truck.

Im sure someone has a setup somewhere.

Maybe I can trade my 5” to someone with a stock exhaust truck

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I know that here in NJ in a nearby township, their trucks have had nothing but problems with emissions equipment, so they deleted them. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. But we’re all about the good enough for “me but not for thee” BS.

I like this gem:

Attachments

• 71EE929E-5D16-4B89-8283-ED77CC895C26.jpeg
    71EE929E-5D16-4B89-8283-ED77CC895C26.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 36

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Exactly, drive your electric car and save the environment while I fly in my private jet. And you shouldn't have the right to carry even a single firearm but I'm going to have 6 bodyguards with enough firepower to fight a small war.
Not to derail, but my application has been in for NJ CCW since the SCOTUS ruling, and while some county judges are following the law, others (MINE!) are letting the applications pile up and claim to be waiting for additional guidance from the State AG. Each judge should be arrested and charged with malfeasance.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Exactly, drive your electric car and save the environment while I fly in my private jet. And you shouldn't have the right to carry even a single firearm but I'm going to have 6 bodyguards with enough firepower to fight a small war.
The sad part is everyone is pushing electronification yet the grids and power plants, as they stand today, cannot handle those loads. Our country's opinion, as a whole, seems to be anti-nuclear power yet I cannot think of another power production solution that is as proven or provides the power output like it.

Burning fossil fuels to generate power seems backwards/not sustainable whereas nuclear is far more sustainable long term. The amount of waste a nuclear plant produces long term is minuscule and can be taken care of reliably in today's global climates.

I honestly bet in the future (2-4 decades) every home/building will have to be mostly power neutral from the grid in ways like solar/wind power, only time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2004LB7

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
let's be careful about the direction of the thread and not let it get political. that's what will get it closed

Reactions: N2BRK

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
The sad part is everyone is pushing electronification yet the grids and power plants, as they stand today, cannot handle those loads. Our country's opinion, as a whole, seems to be anti-nuclear power yet I cannot think of another power production solution that is as proven or provides the power output like it.

Burning fossil fuels to generate power seems backwards/not sustainable whereas nuclear is far more sustainable long term. The amount of waste a nuclear plant produces long term is minuscule and can be taken care of reliably in today's global climates.

I honestly bet in the future (2-4 decades) every home/building will have to be mostly power neutral from the grid in ways like solar/wind power, only time will tell.
And California is leading the pack.... Since they Shut Down San Onofre Nuclear plant, they have been trying hard to shut down the Diablo Canyon Nuclear plant where they get up to %10 Of the states power https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_Canyon_Power_Plant.

They have been trying to shut down the natural gas plants too. Fortunately they fought back and won in court...

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
And California is leading the pack.... Since they Shut Down San Onofre Nuclear plant, they have been trying hard to shut down the Diablo Canyon Nuclear plant where they get up to %10 Of the states power https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_Canyon_Power_Plant.

They have been trying to shut down the natural gas plants too. Fortunately they fought back and won in court...

Like where do they think the power will come from, magic? I digress, I'm pretty sure the rest of the country has realized Commiefornia can't be reasoned with.....

lol

Reactions: dndj

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I drove her home from helping a friend with his LMM tonight, and man I love this truck! 14 years and she’s still all I want. Now that I reassembled his injectors in the right order, he might get his LMM back on the road! 😳

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
I know that here in NJ in a nearby township, their trucks have had nothing but problems with emissions equipment, so they deleted them. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. But we’re all about the good enough for “me but not for thee” BS.

I like this gem:

Did Kori really tune 'The Beast'? One would think the gooberment would just get that direct from GM rather than a 'civilian tuner' like Kori.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Did Kori really tune 'The Beast'? One would think the gooberment would just get that direct from GM rather than a 'civilian tuner' like Kori.
I'm pretty sure GM did the work and tuning. it's not "deleted" if it never came with emissions equipment from the factory. but does it meet EPA regulations? unlikely

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I'm pretty sure GM did the work and tuning. it's not "deleted" if it never came with emissions equipment from the factory. but does it meet EPA regulations? unlikely
If the block has numbers on it which I would imagine they grabbed a block off the shelf. That engine is required to have emissions equipment

Reactions: 2004LB7

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
This is why I went LB7. No emissions, no headaches.
The libtards are ruining this planet faster than my diesel ever will.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD and N2BRK