Dual feed line kit for dual cp3's.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Got setup with a dual feed line kit last week and was curious what others had seen for improvements by running their cp3's this way.

Kit consists of a rail fitting and flexible high pressure line. So instead of feeding the driver side rail with both cp3's and then having 1 line split off to the passenger rail, which is also where the rail pressure sensor is...I now have the valley cp3 directly feeding the passenger rail and the top cp3 directly feeding the driver side rail while utilizing the original "splitting off" line as a balance line now.

The flexible line is very nice stuff and can be bent basically anyway you want. I went from the valley cp3, down under the y-bridge, back up and around the turbo and into the back of the passenger side rail. Worked out perfect. Have not had a chance to verify any rail pressure differences yet but so far I have notice increased throttle response and WOT feels stronger. Could just be the placebo affect though. Possibly hop on the dyno this week.

Figured I'd share incase others were looking for an alternative way of feeding the rails. This applies mainly to LLY's since I know lbz's rails are setup a little different. You can buy several different lengths of flexible lines also.

This bend here is about as tight as you can bend it.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I like the fact that you use the original line as a balance. Who made the setup, Mike? Is this the II Cummins line or something else?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mike, where did you get that from??? i need the HP line from my dual fueler to the rail since i swapped to LLY stuff and i dont particually like how the PPE one is just "out there"

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Very good to know. I wondered how that line worked on the Dmax. Nicely done.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Even if you have some old standard rail fittings laying around, the flexible line will work with them, saving you a few bucks by only needing to buy the flexible line instead of the kit.

Tyler_LBZ

Feb 26, 2015
NC
Mine is set up similar but with the hard lines, valley CP3 feeds the driver side rail and the PPE pump feeds the passenger side rail. It's been working well on my truck for a long time. btw im using ported LLY fuel rails.

I do like the idea of using the flexible lines.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
How long is that line? I'll be calling them today as I need a weld on 3" oring v band flange too

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
thank you sir :D. what did you ask for when you went in there? i just dont wanna get too short a line :hug:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Well they don't really make a duramax specific kit, but he said if all I want is to feed the passenger side rail on its own, then the cummins dual feed line kit will work for lly's.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
The only down fall of the flexable lines from II is that the I.D. is smaller than the I.D. of the hard lines.

Well considering that's all they use on their race truck, Baca's truck as well as every other cp3 setup they do, I don't think it hurts the HP department.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Well considering that's all they use on their race truck, Baca's truck as well as every other cp3 setup they do, I don't think it hurts the HP department.

Not saying they don't work well, just stating a fact. I will be using one when I get my new intake.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mike, did you just buy the whole kit and use both fittings that came with it or just the line and some fittings you had? Been talking with them and waiting on a call back if they have the o ring v band flange im after

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I just got the entire kit. The cp3 fitting it comes with is so you can have dual high pressure lines out of the cp3.

ok cool. I was talking with jeremy there and they have no issue selling the line only. we are going to see if it will fit my rail fitting from PPE that came out of my lb7 rail. worse case i have to buy the fittings from them to bolt it all in.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
ok cool. I was talking with jeremy there and they have no issue selling the line only. we are going to see if it will fit my rail fitting from PPE that came out of my lb7 rail. worse case i have to buy the fittings from them to bolt it all in.

It should fit just fine. It's just a standard end like all the other fittings. I know it works with a regular cp3 outlet.