LBZ: Dual CP3 Stock Charger LBZ??

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I know one of the LMM guys ran the dual CP3s with stock charger but I can't remember if he seen much gain from it over single CP3? Any gain to be had there?

Which kit(s) use a second belt to drive the second CP3? I'd like that better for swapping between single and dual CP3 better than swapping the main belt for everything each time.

C-ya

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I know one of the LMM guys ran the dual CP3s with stock charger but I can't remember if he seen much gain from it over single CP3? Any gain to be had there?

Which kit(s) use a second belt to drive the second CP3? I'd like that better for swapping between single and dual CP3 better than swapping the main belt for everything each time.

C-ya

Mitch as far as I know there is no dual cp3 kit that uses a second belt.

the only thing I can think of that actually uses a separate belt is the MITUSA

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Well, my understanding is that the TTS kit does. Man I really don't wanna have to buy something from him.

Maybe I'll just get the controls from PPE and make up my own brackets and pulleys for a second belt???

C-ya

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Is there really power to be had with dual cp3's with a stock turbo? I would spend that money on a larger turbo unless your looking to run a hell of a nitrous shot :eek:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

C-ya

I would get a turbo before a cp3...remember I ran a duel cp3 with a stock turbo and there was a lil gain but you couldnt use the cp3 to its potential IMO

As far as swapping it out I could loose the second cp3 in under a half hour
I got a cap for the rail fitting and had some hoses made up so I could just plug them in a convenient easy to reach location
the worst thing was the plug on the stock cp3

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Check it.
CP3-front.jpg

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
wierd...I wonder why steve does it that way? Im sure theres some super special answer

whos engine is that? Its an LLY so its not Nick's (d'amico)