DTC's after Transgo install...

weez58

May 10, 2017
Did a fluid and filter change and installed a Transgo Jr. fired it up and got P0756 and P0700. I saw on a previous thread that disconnecting the harness with the ignition on can cause issues. I had the key on to allow movement of the shifter while pulling the VB(now I know I didn't need to do that). So I cleared the codes and tried again and everything seemed good. I parked it and planned to do a Relearn in the morning. Fired it up the next day and got P0848, P0700, and P0877. Its is only using 2nd. I plan to pull the pan and check all the connections and solenoids. Anything specifically to look for?

2006 CCSB 4x4 Allison 6spd.

Last edited:

weez58

May 10, 2017
So I pulled the pan. All the connectors look good. I pulled each one checked the pins and plugged them back in. They were snapped in properly. The solenoids held in with wire clips were all the way seated as well. I guess I'll pull the VB and check the A&B trim valves. Any other suggestions before I button it back up?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Don't over torque the valve body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Too late now, but relearn is not necessary nor useful. Just drive easy for a day or two and all will be fine.

So your saying after changing something in the transmission a relearn isn't necessary?? What are you basing that terrible bit of advice on?

screaminjlew

Aug 13, 2007
So your saying after changing something in the transmission a relearn isn't necessary?? What are you basing that terrible bit of advice on?

I had MikeL do my Transgo jr. install last December and he didn't do a re-learn,...He said it's not needed with the Jr. just drive it normal and it'll be fine.
JLew

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
If the truck was driven hard with a tuner I might do a fast learn; otherwise I don't do it.

weez58

May 10, 2017
Well, checked all the connections, double checked the trim valves, cleared the codes, tried disconnecting both batteries, backed out of the driveway and made it about 100ft before felt like it went into neutral. Couldn't get any gear to work. Shut it off, restarted and was able to back it up to my house. Now these codes popped up: B2AAA, P0751, P0756, P0761, P0877, AND P0700. Any suggestions before I call the tow truck....

weez58

May 10, 2017
Fixed!

I called a local Trans shop that I've used many times to arrange to have it towed. He suggested that I might have to clear the codes 2 or 3 times. He suggested I let it idle for a several minutes to try to get any trapped air out of the pressure sensors. He also suggested I double check the fluid level. I did all of these things and its now working fine. The fluid level was low which I think was the main cause. I was fooled by the fact that I refilled with 7.5 qts. thinking I was good. I've now added 2 more quarts and it still doesn't hit the lower Hot level when the trans is at 170*. I suspect the fluid level was low before I drained it.

If anyone in the San Jose, CA area needs tranny work I recommend Bob's Almaden Transmissions. I have no relation to him. I've found him to really helpful and honest. And he owns a 2006 just like mine :>)

Thanks to everyone that tried to help me out!