LBZ: DSP Switch install debacle (get me a straight jacket)

TogaTim

Mar 17, 2017
I'm hoping to get some insight. Found a nice LBZ and ordered the EFI Live and CTS2 setup. Followed the instructions and loaded the EFI Live then moved onto the switch. Installed and it wouldn't switch tunes, turned out I had put black wire in the wrong spot (possible root cause of issue??), got that corrected but it still wouldn't switch tunes. Ended up ordering a new switch after testing it and not being confident in the readings. Installed the new switch, still not changing tunes. It stays on the 4.68 voltage. When I call who I got it from all I get is "the switch isn't installed correctly" and that the 4.68 voltage reading indicates that the tune is loaded. I've attached pics (best I could do trying to hold the harness, balance on the bumper and snap a picture) of the wires installed and the AutoCal screens. I can get more if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm so frustrated that I'm about to say screw it and take it to someone local but I can't stand the idea of paying to install this when it isn't (shouldn't be) this difficult. Please Please Please does someone have an idea? Thank you!!

Attachments

• image1-3.JPG
    image1-3.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 43
  • image2-2.JPG
    image2-2.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 33

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Is the pin for the switch wires seated all the way and even with the others? I had a **** of time getting mine to the point I threw a temper tantrum like a 4 year old and went back and gave it a wiggle and it dropped and locked right in.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
2x,

what does the other side of the connector look like? do the pines stick out as far as the others?

TogaTim

Mar 17, 2017
Will go out and tear her apart, again, and make sure the pins are seated. I've gotten far too good at taking those connectors apart.

TogaTim

Mar 17, 2017
SOLVED!

Took it all apart again, confirmed pins seated. Decided to mess with the AutoCal unit and I scared the crap out of myself and hit something on the unit (bad that I don't even recall, "read mfg key" maybe?) which put every light on the dash on. I tried starting the truck and nothing so I assumed that the OEM tune was now gone. Loaded the tune back in and i took twice as long as it did when I tried the first time, and stopped periodically to "erase" and when finished I was in business. Holy cow, what a different truck, even in the "econ" #5 tune. Almost scared myself in the #4 "race" tune. I can't wait to pull my camper this summer! Thanks for feedback and insight.