dsp 5 help

jdugie123

Apr 1, 2008
ok guys i am trying to make my dsp tune and it seems like everytime i do it i am doing something wrong i have followed the guide from efi live but it just doesn't seem to help do you guys have any pointers and also any good tunes that work well i am trying to get a good millage tune and tow tune. thanks for any help

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
We will be adding some tow tunes in the next week or 2 after the server move. Sorry I can't be of any more help right now :(

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
my tip is make your biggest tune your main tune. this way you have the most options available to you from efi. all the dsp tunes only have limited number of parameters to change. they are the most common and will be able to make a nice milage tune or a tow tune with them. guy tripp wrote a nice write up on the dp and i followed it step by step my first time and it was very clear.

jdugie123

Apr 1, 2008
see i tried his write up and it just doesn't seem to work for me. it alright kat can't wait till its all up and running

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
On this site talk to Larry!

as for pointer?

well make sure you hve no OUT OF RANGE errors

try to keep your TLIQ the same as this will throw shifting off,I use high TLIQ tables even on stock like tunes

IMO if its not requested, it wont use it!

If Nick doesnt get you figured out,I can help ya...dsp TUNES are not a big issue

jdugie123

Apr 1, 2008
ya i have been talking with larry he has been helping out trying to get my tune to work better but it just seems like i am not getting what all i am wanting out of it really

jdugie123

Apr 1, 2008
it only seems like there is two tunes on there the one you did larry and the base tune but the millage tune that i had isn't there and i am still hitting over 32 psi i just need time to sit down and go look at it some i think i can get it going now

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
The tune I fixed for you I purposely alternated the vane tables on the different tunes so you would have an exhaust hiss on one setting and then the lb7 rumble on the next and back to the hiss on the next and so forth. The 1st one I emailed you was just the tune you sent me that I fixed, it has stock settings on the dsp switches. I sent you a second tune where I put something in all the dsp's and fixed everything in the base so it would run right. Let me know if I need to resend you the tune that has something different on each switch, you should be able to hear a difference in exhaust tone as you switch thru the different settings.

jdugie123

Apr 1, 2008
ya i got that one in the truck right now. how do i get the other tunes that i want to have on there in the dsp do i just use the scripts that guy made and or do i just need to copy and paste the tables into it

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Boost on DSP tunes is a PIA the Vane table that are used IMO are not the ones we need to adjust is should of been MAX vane posistion and not Des in the DSP tables

This would help if they did this to make better adjustments to boost tables in the DSP tunes...IMO

But you should be able to just change DES boost to suit most your needs

Remember that the boost table are boost + baro when adjusting the Des Boost table