DSP 5/EFI Live Getting My Butt Kicked. Is it my tune?

ToePig

Apr 22, 2015
PNW
*I also posted this in another forum but have got no response. Calling ATP tomorrow.

Getting my ass kicked by this DSP 5 Switch with EFI Live from ATP that I just got.

I know what you are thinking, "great, another one". I've tried a bunch of stuff and brought pictures to show. If you help me fix it you can flame me all you want.

EFI Live PIDs for DPS5 shows unknown under tune and 0 VDC for voltage but there is voltage at the switch. The truck has defaulted to the number 1 position tune, my heavy tow, as it should if there isn't a switch hooked up. Postion 5 is a valet switch but the truck still starts. I can't figure this out for the life of me.

I am leaning towards the tune being faulty because I follow the ATP T/S guide and it tells me I should reload the tune. Which I have done multiple times.

Checked the wire positions. For an LLY they are 50 and 32.

Yes, I did remove the pin lock. They did click into place. No, I could not remove them by just pulling on them. They are all the way in. And I did replace the pin lock when I was done.

The pins on the ECM side are in good shape.

I checked the switch itself. From this side of the plug. It checked out. Each setting was a different ohm value. I believe 300 ohms was the lowest.

Plugs are seated all the way.

Voltage at the switch! .5VDC, 1.5VDC, 2.5VDC, 3.5VDC, 4.5VDC for position 1-5.

I have also tried re-flashing the truck a few times. Even tried with the extra fuse pulled, climate control off, and doors closed. All full flashes.

I called ATP. He said really sounds like the switch. I can't see how it is.

I do get a CEL with the ATP Tune. P0670 and B0229. No CEL with the factory tune but the codes are still there. Not sure if it's even related.

Any ideas? What did I miss?

Sorry for the long post. Have a beer. :beer:beer:beer:beer

ToePig

Apr 22, 2015
PNW
Truck is an 05 LLY DRW Crew Cab SLT - S&B CAI and MP. MBRP DP and UP Back 4" Exhaust. EGR Blocker Plate, PCV Reroute. EFI Live w/ DSP 5 Idaho Rob.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Perhaps I missed it, but when you flashed your truck, you did a full flash, not just a cal flash, right? You have to do a full flash to get DSP to work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

ToePig

Apr 22, 2015
PNW
Perhaps I missed it, but when you flashed your truck, you did a full flash, not just a cal flash, right? You have to do a full flash to get DSP to work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Correct. I did a full flash. I don't think ATP tunes will even let you do a cal flash.

Something else to note, the PIDs for the DSP 5 Tune says unknown. It sounds like the ECM doesn't even know its defaulted to the #1 spot. I would think if the tune was right it should say something other than unknown even if the switch was hooked up right.

I'm a half decent DIY mechanic and electronics technician by trade but this has me stumped.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Lly curse.

Did he write off your stock file or a base file. Try off your stock file if it doesn't work then a new switch.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Have you tried it without the switch mounted in place…hanging loose? I have had it where when it's mounted was a tight fit and something was pressing on the switch making it not work.

ToePig

Apr 22, 2015
PNW
Have you tried it without the switch mounted in place…hanging loose? I have had it where when it's mounted was a tight fit and something was pressing on the switch making it not work.

Yep. Switch is good to go. I've checked but while mounted and hanging loose.

ToePig

Apr 22, 2015
PNW
Where did the locking tab end up at (on the switch itself)? Are you sure it's actually in the right spot.

Yes. They set it when it's packaged and I did not change it. The resistance check tells me it's in the right spot anyway.