Drop Shackle Shocks

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Does anyone have any suggestions for shocks running 2-3" drop shackles? Part #'s appreciated...My bilsteins blew the seals and I've had the shackles on the shelf awhile now thought it would be a good time to put them on.

2001 CC LB7 4x4 2500hd

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
I've got an 03 CCSB, 3" drop shackles (which actually lower it about 2-1/4") and the overload removed (about another 1" lower).

I've been running the KYB 565038 for about a year and a half now. Very happy with them. They fit, ride well, haven't given any issues. They were also very cheap (I think I paid $50 total for the pair from RockAuto).

From what I remember when I measured everything, the stock shocks measure about 16" compressed and will bottom out well before the axle touches the frame (I only have a small rubber bumpstop on top of the axle perch, not the normal jounce bumper). The KYB 565038 is 14.5" compressed and just barely allows the axle full compression to my small bump stop, but still allows 3+ inches of extension from ride height. I've never noticed any hits at full compression or extension.

The KYB 565103 is another option at 15-1/4" compressed, so it's just a little longer than the 565038, but still shorter than OEM. If you're not also pulling the overload, and/or you are still running the factory jounce bumper, it should also work without bottoming out.

Lanky

Jun 1, 2015
Ive been running icons on 3" drop shackles for the past 6 months. So far so good. 🤞