Drive pressure leak

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
I've had a slight drive pressure leak that I finally have had time to look into. You can hear the faint 'whine' when the motor isn't up to temp and boost starts to build and goes away when you let off the throttle. Once the motor is up to temp you can barely hear it but it's still there.

I checked around everything with a boroscope and noticed some soot on the drivers side up pipe. Any guess where it's coming from? Being in Canada it takes time to get parts just want to be more sure before i do so.

They are PPE upipes wrapped with Levi's blankets.

Attachments

• JPG00004.JPG
    JPG00004.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 30
  • JPG00005.JPG
    JPG00005.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 30

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
I thought that also, so I replaced the junk diamond eye DP with one from PPE and it seems to have made 0 difference. I'm going to pressure test the up pipes tomorrow see If I can pin point it.

Has anyone had ARP up pipe bolts break off In the turbo? I had them installed with the up pipes last year and am considering doing it myself just worried about busting a bolt.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I thought that also, so I replaced the junk diamond eye DP with one from PPE and it seems to have made 0 difference. I'm going to pressure test the up pipes tomorrow see If I can pin point it.

Has anyone had ARP up pipe bolts break off In the turbo? I had them installed with the up pipes last year and am considering doing it myself just worried about busting a bolt.
Haven’t used anything but factory but if you are concerned just get them hot with a torch and they’ll come out like butter.

Reactions: 08lmm72mm